How to stop Vista hard drive thrashing

by Elsewhere 41 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah that looks like a monitor issue. May not be visible under all scenarios though, like if you have a different color background or use wallpaper.

Is that a Dell 24"? We use tons of the UltraSharp 2407 monitors and have never seen that problem with them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's an LG Flatron. Every so often I have to reinstall the LG drivers because Vista will load the generic drivers and screw up my resolution. No noticable bands on the Mac, even with the same colour background. Come to think of it, I had trouble when using the DVI connection from the Vista box. The display was a bit better, but the monitor kept going black every 2 or 3 minutes and restarting, which was intolerable. No such problem with the Mac. Maybe I'm just getting shitty ATI cards when I order them installed by Dell. I never had problems with ATI cards when I bought and installed them myself. Maybe Dell gets them as "seconds", who knows?

I think I'll try a new card on the Dell this weekend. I could use more video RAM and I was getting some Open GL warnings anyway.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit