Today was very sad for me ....

by troubled mind 22 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I had to say good-bye to my 14 yr old cat ,Rocky ......

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I saw a few days ago someone else had to have their pet put down ......sorry to say now I know what you are going through .

Rocky was still a very healthy active kitty . This morning he had a seizure ,and a blot clot lodged somewhere causing paralysis of his back legs . The Vet suggested euthanasia as the best option . He was always my lap buddy in the evenings curling up next to me while I was on the computer or watching TV.

Our six yr old Rat Terrier is wondering where he is because this time every night they play together .

• crapola
    crapola

I'm so sorry. Pets are part of the family and it's very hard to see something happen to them.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a beloved animal.

• only me
    only me

I am so sorry, it's so sad to lose a little member of the family.

• Vinny
    Vinny

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/170473/1/HAD-TO-HAVE-MY-CAT-TROUBLE-PUT-TO-SLEEP-YESTERDAY

The same post (from above link) applies equally here.

I cried for two weeks after I had to put Hooch down three years ago after his kidneys failed. He was 14 also. I stayed with him until the end. Was one of the toughest things I have ever done. He was with me all over Virginia and then Hawaii taking photos, swimming, walks, runs etc. The house seemed empty after that.

A few weeks later, after being pushed by a friend, I went to the Humane Society just to see other dogs.

A week after that I picked up one and brought her home. (A Dobbie)

Then two months later I got another, from the Big Island Rescue, shipped over. (I always wanted a Border Collie and there he was).

Then a few months later my son got a puppie that we share today. (My Fav... a mixed mutt that loves to run and play.. she is now three).

And then, only temporarily, supposedly--- I have a fourth now that's also my son's. That's four fun dogs today that make me smile all the time.

They will never replace Hooch. He was simply "The Best". And no animal will ever replace your big furry kitty Rocky!

But there are a lot of animals out there with a ton of love to give that need a home.

Maybe sometime later on you too will feel like taking a ride down to the Humane Society too.

Until then, just a day at a time. My heart goes out to ya.

I sure do understand. And from the comments above, so do many others here.

My best to you and yours,

Vinny

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

A few years ago I lost my fourteen year old kitty, too. It was heartbreaking. Take especially good care of yourself for the next few days.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So sorry to hear that...((hugs)) sammieswife.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Troubled Mind:

So sorry ...

I hope that with each passing day you'll feel better, though there'll always be that sense of loss. I lost custody of my pretty kitty and was very sad when told he had died.

Love,

CoCo

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Rocky is the spitting image of one of our two cats. She is called 'Stinker', and has been a member of our family for 9 years.

I am sorry for what has happened. Like I always say to my wife "Animals are people too". And they are certainly part of the family.

RIP Rocky.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit