Slumdog Millionaire! Go see it!

by free2think 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2think
    free2think

I totally agree Bubble, it was breathtaking.

Your welcome Uncle Bruce you won't be disappointed.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I want to go see it again

• free2think
    free2think

Come on then QL lets go again.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yup - this weekend

• free2think
    free2think
    yup - this weekend

• Jourles
    Jourles

If this doesn't get Best Picture of the year, then something has gone wrong. Mickey Rourke better walk away with Best Actor as well. IMO, Ben Button trails a distant 3rd behind Slumdog and The Wrestler.

For once, we've had some pretty decent movies out at the same time. It's the sleeper hits that don't end up getting wide distribution.(SM & Wrestler) Oh, and Let the Right One In is another great thriller. But it's in Swedish with subtitles. (vampire movie) I believe the dvd comes out in March. An online dvd screener version is out there for anyone looking to watch it.

• free2think
    free2think

I hope so too Jourles.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It was a great flick. I religiously watch Namaste America and Showbiz India every week, so I like Bollywood films and so it was interesting to see how it compares and contrasts with them. Slumdog is disliked by many in India because it kind of shows only the bad aspects of Mumbai; I would say that if you tell a story from the point of view of the lowest rung in society, you won't get a neutral representation of the city and people. Interesting that SRK turned down the role as host of Millionnaire -- which he does in real life -- I wonder if he will have a tinge of regret if Slumdog wins best picture. I laughed so hard at the scene with Amitabh (well, some actor playing Amitabh Bachchan), but I guess most watchers of Slumdog wouldn't know who he is.

• free2think
    free2think

I'm sure he will definitely live to regret that decision now the film is so popular, and esp if it wins Best Picture.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes great film ....... but .... the greatest Bollywood/English film has to be Laagan. You do have to be Indian and love cricket to truely appreciate it though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit