Slumdog Millionaire! Go see it!

by free2think 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2think
    free2think

Yep.

• Gregor
    Gregor

We drove 45 miles to see it yesterday. Got to the ticket counter 5 mins before it was supposed to start. It had started 20 mins before. The schedule posted on the net was wrong. We'll catch it on DVD sometime. Beautiful day for a 90 mi. drive.

• free2think
    free2think

That sucks that you didnt get to see it after all that. Its well worth it though IMO.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

a funny and thoughtful film. Each 5 min segment seems to have a story within itself and lays ugliness and brutality side by side with beauty and heroism.

I enjoyed it very much. Thumbs up from me.

• free2think
    free2think

Great synopsis QL. Thank you.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

We went to see it last week and really enjoyed it.

We have been to Mumbai 5 or 6 times, and we lived in India in the late 90's so have a feel for the location and the culture. A very clever put together story and the acting from the kids was outstanding. Finally, don't jump up to go when the credits start at the end or you'll miss the only Bollywood style song and dance routine at the end.

• free2think
    free2think

No one got up at the end it was so unusual. I loved the dancing.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks for the recomendation free2think,

I'll catch it this comming weekend.

I know it's not the full Bollywood but I'm looking forward to experiencing that side of it.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Gregor said:

We drove 45 miles to see it yesterday. Got to the ticket counter 5 mins before it was supposed to start. It had started 20 mins before. The schedule posted on the net was wrong. We'll catch it on DVD sometime. Beautiful day for a 90 mi. drive.

Excuse me Gregor, are you mad or what?

popcorn unc, who'd have no trouble going in "late".

• bubble
    bubble

It's one of the best films I have ever seen, I absolutely loved it. I cannot believe the quality of the acting from the children in this film, absolutely superb.

I can't recommend it highly enough, it takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions and keeps you spellbound throughout. It certainly deserves all the awards it's been receiving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit