Isn't It Something That JWs Can't Think Without The Watchtower's Permission?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It makes me sick too. And it makes me really sick to see so many of my extended family still in this religion or suffering the long-term consequences of being raised in this evil cult. Many of my relatives are suffering much more than me and it makes me VERY ANGRY. They could have had good normal happy lives if they had not been brain-washed their whole lives!

The person above is right. People do not grow in this religion. They just stay emotional and spiritual infants.

And, yes, I agree with the above person that says if the WT came out with an article that they are to club all "apostates" then 90% of them would. And that would include all of us.

It's just like the Jim Jones cult. There are few differences.

• parakeet
    parakeet
    Isn't It Something That JWs Can't Think Without The Watchtower's Permission?

What makes you believe they can think?

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Very true what you say. Like you, I have lots of witness relatives still in - so I'm wondering who is going to get the " guilt complex " in my family from the WT article and call me , perhaps trying to make amends so they can feel better about themselves in how they've treated me the last 5 years.

It's amazing they are so dependent on the cult telling them what and how to think - that on their own they can't feel badly in how they have treated those becoming inactive - but have to be told to feel care towards us. It's almost like the WT is doing it's own damage control for being overzealous in it's fostering hatred towards inactive ones or those not attending - because we KNOW how negative the WT has been dissing us to the rank and file members. It's like they are scrambling to cover their a$$ or something.

But another thought is - as some statistics are showing they are losing more and more members each year . The rate of growth is slowing - so they are desperate to try to get some inactive ones to swim back to the Titanic . I think the GB knows they are sinking slowly and they have to put these articles out to try to lure the unsuspecting ones back. Just some thoughts

• wobble
    wobble

"Swim back to the Titanic" like the analogy Mr Flipper! And while I'm here,a big THANK YOU for your thoughtfull and informative posts,keep 'em coming!

Just aquestion though for anybody,I don't see much advance in what is actually said in treating inactive ones,just the usual,is there something I have missed?

Love

Wobble

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

they really really believe we are very very close to the end now and feel that being nice to us faders is our last chance to get back with Jehovah. That is the feeling i'm getting when I visit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"You had better hope they don't ever come out with an article saying it is ok to club apostates like baby seals. I'd keep my eye on their currant teachings if I were you."

What about a Washtowel article telling them to physically recapture all apostates and host them in a prison-like state (whether at someone's home or in a monastery)? That is what I am looking for the witlesses to come up with. Or some idiot that will take it upon himself to do just that.

• minimus
    minimus

The Org. tells the faithful that they keep on having "growth".

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Isn't It Something That JWs Can't Think Without The Watchtower's Permission?

JWs are not allowed to think, period. With or without permission. If they were allowed to think, they wouldn't be JWs.

I am not making this up. The society plainly forbids "independent thinking." That phrase is redundant since ALL thinking MUST by definition be independent. Otherwise, it wouldn't be thinking. It would be parroting.

Ergo, all dubs in good standing are parrots.

Farkel

• parakeet
    parakeet

Farkel wrote: "Ergo, all dubs in good standing are parrots."

I protest! That statement is an insult to parrots, the most intelligent birds in the avian family. Researchers have shown that African Grey parrots are at least as intelligent as human preschoolers. Dubs can't claim even that much thinking ability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit