What is the JW belief on resurrection?

by sacolton 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot
    "when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God "
    .....I'm confused. I was taught that the dead of conscious of nothing. How can they "hear"? How do those dead that have become ash hear? Since JW's don't believe in the immortal soul after death ... how can their dead body hear anything?

Okies.......

(John 5:26) For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself.

The bible doesn't go into details of how (to my now known limited knowledge), but tells us it will happen. The rest falls to faith. ... regardless of denomination.

Frankly I always get lost in understanding the whole part of having people go to heaven or 'hell' immediately.....if you are in heaven why would you ever want to be resurrected or live in a 'new earth'? Was Earth and humans just a divine sociology experiment?..... if there is a 'hell' as fiery place of torment I get why you want to be resurrected but unless you can be working toward redemption during the internment I am still fuzzy on why there needs to be a resurrection and final judgement......... It just seem easier to believe your dead your dead unconscious and asleep, if you have some external 'soul' then it is asleep somewhere, maybe a large memorial tomb in heaven for easy storage and access for Jesus' roll call.... I don't really know anymore but I chose to still believe in Christ.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

I've always wondered about that myself. Every soul needs a body correct? But those that are dead, they souls cease to exist. So if they get resurrected, will they get to keep their old bodies and get their souls back(that would just mean the soul IS immortal)? will they get new bodies/new souls(how will everyone reconize each other since their memories will be wiped out?)?

To me it doesnt add up. Is it a resurrection or recreation?

• Perry
    Perry

From my studies, the biblical definition of death is : when a person's soul is separated from his body, he is spoken of as being "dead".

And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again. And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. - 1 Kings 17: 21 & 22

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. - Luke 16

So using this definition:

The soul that is sinning, it itself will die (be separated from its body).

• Perry
    Perry

When I was dead, I could hear and see things going on in my room. All the machines read that I was flatlined. I talked to them...but my voice was not connected to my body and no one could hear me. There is another dimension.

Interesting. Kinda hard to believe the Watchtower after an experience like that. I bet that didn't make the experiences section at the District Convention either.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"What is the JW belief on resurrection?".............Lets look at WBT$ World.....Jesus is out of a Job.The WBT$ is the Mediator between God and Man.......And..If it was`nt for the WBT$,God would be out of work too!..LOL!!.........................There is only one Organization powerfull enough to Resurect the Dead!!..The WBT$..................If you need further proof..Ask anyone who has been DisfellowShipped,then been Re-enstated!!.................................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit