US AIRWAYS PLANE CRASHED IN HUDSON RIVER NY

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

The heroic Sullenberger, 57, has worked for US Airways since 1980, and before that spent more than six years as a U.S. Air Force F-4 fighter pilot.

If you want to know what an F-4 looks like, check out my avatar. Good job, sir !

Hubert

Someone on "Flightawares" also said he is a glider pilot, too, which would give him an advantage in a "deadstick landing" with a jet airliner.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Obviously we need to send troops into Canada. They can not attack us on our own soil without expecting retaliation!!

• dinah
    dinah

Declare war on geese, maybe?

Seriously, that could have been really bad. It's good that no one lost their life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Will it affect the fishing?

Was it God who protected the passengers and crew or was it Satan who made the goose fly into it?

Either way, I am happy they all got off so lightly.

Cheers

Chris

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wonder how deep the water was where it went down? Some of the pictures I saw it looks like they are standing in the water? Snoozy..

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Some of the pictures I saw it looks like they are standing in the water?

They're standing on the wing where it attaches to the main body of the aircraft.

• hubert
    hubert

The water where he put it down is over fifty feet deep.

Hubert

• snowbird
    snowbird

What a hero!

Sylvia

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

One of the discussions by the religious this morning is that this is clear evidence of the existence of God. This has even some of the JWs beaten on stupidity because at least the JWs teach the whole "time and unforseen circumstance" business.

There were some church ladies "oh lawd"ing this morning and "thank you Jesus"ing. Of course, the next logical question is: Why does God save this plane but let many of them crash and burn? If it was God that maneuvered the plane, doesn't that diminish any piloting skill at all by the human controlling the plane? Is he just a sucker with a pilot's license? Three kids died in a fire not to far from my home last night, presumably due to a space heater incident. God had finished saving the plane passengers by then. He couldn't quickly come down and put the fire out?

er

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Black thursday for flying geese

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit