Urgent Help Please

by Gladring 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gladring
    Gladring

Hi. A friend is being hassled by a body of elders to go to a judicial committee. I have advised against going but if they go ahead...

The question is are you entitled to have a representative of your own at a judicial committee?

A second, not quite so urgent, question is: does anyone know where to get a copy of CoC in spanish.

Thanks

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dear Gladring

Yes, your friend is entiteld to have someone with him/her. I would strongly recommend not to go alone.

Personally I would not go at all. It's such an insulting treatment and why play by their rules. Your friend has no obligation to explain herself to them. If she doesn't go and refuse to see them she will be disfellowshiped automatically and without having to tell them anything.

I've just been thru the same thing but I wrote myself out. I would never have put myself in the position to discuss with them.

Good luck

Newborn

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

COC in Spanish http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/x-spa_crisis.html

Even if you are a minor you are not permitted to have anyone with you. However if you think you know why they are requesting your presence for a JC you call call witnesses to support you. And they should be JWs in good standing or they will be ignored or even not permitted to say anything

• wobble
    wobble

You are not allowed to have a "Friend of the Court" or a Solicitor actally in the Meeting,no recording devices,you are not given access as to how a decision is reached and so have very little to mount an appeal.

I would say avoid a J.C if at all possible,have a look at the threads on here and "Doc Bobs" site.

Love

Wobble

P.s Send me a pictire or two of the "Little Feller" if you get time.

• Gladring
    Gladring

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think there was much hope of representation. I am right in saying that they must give you notice of date and reason for meeting in writing if you request it aren't I?

On CoC - commentary press say they are sold out. Can't find CoC in spanish on amazon. Anywhere else to try?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

even if they don't permit it - I'd say force it on them! At least she won't be alone. They can't do anything to her except ignore the request, which in turn she ignores.

She is a human being and I'd strong suggest to take a friend with her!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Did you ever notice that it takes two witnesses to prove anything against you at a J.C., but yet YOU are not even allowed ONE witness to sit in with you on your behalf to act as a WITNESS to whatever may proceed??? Utter bullsh*t!!!

• annalice
    annalice

I have gone through the same thing with a good friend of mine also,and I advised her to not go . We need to stop and realize that these people who are demanding that we come and meet with them are really just a group of men who have no authority over us unless we let them. They are not the Law. They are normal everyday men who go to normal everyday jobs and then get together and act like they rule over us. I would try to get your friend to just not go. Why put yourself through something like that ? what are they going to do come and get you if you dont show up? We are the ones with the power ,we can sit down and let them rule us, or we can stand up and guide ourselves.

• sir82
    sir82
    I am right in saying that they must give you notice of date and reason for meeting in writing if you request it aren't I?

Absolutely not true - elders are explicitly and repeatedly counseled to never put anything in writing!

The question is are you entitled to have a representative of your own at a judicial committee?

Depends on your friend's sex, age, and marital status (believe it or not).

A minor (under age 18) is entitled to have his parents there with him.

A married woman is entitled to have her husband with her, so long as he is a JW in good standing.

Anyone else (single woman aged 18 or more, any man aged 18 or more) is absolutely not permitted to have anyone else there with him/her, for "support" or any other reason. Any witnesses to whatever the JC is about will be invited in, asked to give their testimony, and then dismissed.

If your friend doesn't play by their rules (e.g., refusing to show up for the JC meeting, or insisting on someone being there for support), the elders will hold the meeting without him/her present and very probably decide to disfellowship him/her (having a "bad attitude" & not playing by their rules shows a non-repentent spirit, in the JW elder mindset).

If your friend does not wish to be DF'ed, the best course to take is to confess openly, weep profusely, and talk endlessly about his/her personal shame for "bringing reproach on Jehovah's name". That phrase is super-important - he/she should mention in at least a half dozen times during the JC.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I say if she goes, bring a small recording device with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit