Australian Residents Only - What US restaurants do you like most?

by unclebruce 24 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

piss off Farkel .. Australian Residents Only - can't you read?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL @ Outback.

My wife is Australian and she laughed the first time she went there. The Outback has nothing to do with Australia when it comes to their food.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BTW, where can someone get good meat pies, sausage rolls, and VB around here?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

BTW, where can someone get good meat pies, sausage rolls, and VB around here?

That's a question gets asked a lot down here .. sounds like you need a bakery and a pub.

I was driving through the western desert one day and thought I saw a mirage. As I got closer it turned into the smallest pub I've ever seen. It was a tin shed with dirt floor and old barman who, apart from attending the big 1914-1919 war, had always lived within 100miles of his pub. He reckoned Europe was no good, "people shooting at me all the bloody time". Anyway, the ol' fella invited me to stay for tea (dinner) and when I asked "what's on the menu?" he replied "fish & chips". I thought 'that sounds good' but when the time came he produced two tins of sardines and two packets of potato chips

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

he produced two tins of sardines and two packets of potato chips

LOL!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BTW, aren't all Burger Kings in Australia called Hungry Jacks? Why'd you make the distinction above?

I missed good Mexican food when I was in Melbourne. That "Taco Bill" place just didn't do it for me.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hungry Jacks had a big bun fight with Burger King when Burger King first arrived here about 10 years ago (Hungry Jacks had the Burger King franchise but now the two exist here as seperate entities. Hungry Jacks outlets outnumber Burger King by a big margin here (I only know of one Burger King here in George St Sydney).

Same gourmet cuisine different package:

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BTW: The thread title is my way of protesting the US residents only salad thread

But I live in the West Syrian Republic, next door to Ynot.

To whom shall I go?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I eat at home, in Canada!

W

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

But I live in the West Syrian Republic, next door to Ynot.

To whom shall I go?

Hey cameo-d .. on yer bike and come to Australia .. it's got eeeeverything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit