"Appostate literature is poison"

by TooBad TooSad 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

There are two books that most JWs will have in their 'theocratic' library that will most certainly have one leaving "the truth";

- the Bible

- the Proclaimers book

Anytime spent independently reading the Bible and absorbing the early history of the WTBTS as recorded in the Proclaimers book will more than likely have you end up leaving "the truth".

• minimus
    minimus

When I'd give talks from the Proclaimer's Book, I found it very awkward to reconcile the Society's history and their being "the Truth".

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have pointed out to my study conductor that just as we look at old WT teachings and realize how absurd they were, people in the future will look at teachings of today and consider it wrongheaded old light. I call it "tomorrow's old light".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is a reason for it. The Washtowel beliefs are on such flimsy grounds that it would take only a feather duster to knock it all down. Apostate material attacks these weaknesses (and there are plenty to attack), and thus they do all they can to ban it (including disfellowshipping anyone caught with it).

It is also why they do not want witlesses starting their own forums, even pro-JW ones. Too many pro-JW forums end up going apostate when the administration has to deal with people sneaking questionable material onto those forums--they have to read it. And, if it makes them question the whole washtowel doctrine, they are themselves likely to go apostate. If the administration of a forum that was once pro-JW goes apostate, it is likely that the whole forum is going apostate, too.

I wonder how many once-apostate JW forums have successfully gone pro-JW.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hack! Hack! Cough, snifff....Dammit!! I've been poisoned!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow, I'm a poison maker... hmm.. lemme see my ingredients:

1. NWT

2. WT CD-ROM

That's all that is needed to cook up some devilish postate poison!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit