Disfellowshipped for Tattoos??

by Lynnie 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

There was a middle aged sister who had two of them tattooed on her butt while still an active pioneer. She had bent down and a customer had noticed the one and remarked how she liked it. That's when I noticed it and after the customer left the sister told me I had better not tell anyone which I did because she was wanting her husband to be an elder so bad, she had turned into a monster overnight. I told the coordinator and he said this was definitely a matter of concern. Next assembly her and her husband had parts in the drama and two months later, he was made an elder. Both their adult kids who are married off also have tattoos from head to toe which they got while living at home.

It's not what you know but who you know. Neither one lost any privileges but were rewarded. He has no problem buying lottery tickets right in front of you. I didn't think jw's could do that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know of a pioneer sister in her early 20's with a few tattoos on her arm in a nautical theme.

She was raised in the "truth" and in good standing. Never left the truth...just got them cos she liked them!

No discipline.

But I guarantee that would be different in another cong! Other elders would have impaled her on a figurative stake by now if they could!!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    negative. not a df issue. as others have noted they would have chats and would likely view you as shady but no official action. also whomever said beards are dfing offense is dead wrong. they are frowned on in the states and you wont be viewed as exemplary but certainly not df worthy ever.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I do know JW's who've recently gotten them but I think tattoo's are generally frowned upon and you are viewed as "immature" if you get one. Tattooing "No Blood Transfusion" on your arm is probably acceptable.

I knew a guy who was a biker when he started studying. Before he got baptized he had a bikini tattooed onto the naked lady on his forearm to make it look more acceptable. His wife had a small Butterfly done on her backside when she was young and slim but she had put on a a bit of weight and during her baptism the Butterfly looked more like a Condor.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I know of an old man who became a witness and then proceeded to get the tetragrammaton (YHWH) tattooed on his forearm. The elders told him he should not get tattoos. He said, opps. After that everyone simply thought it was a funny story, which it was.

Also, you can't get DF'd for getting a tattoo or beard. It's funny how these kind of beliefs get put into the collective and everyone thinks they are true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit