Biggest Full Moon of 2009 tonight....

by Snoozy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

They say we are having the biggest Full Moon of 2009 tonight..and some can see it tomorrow night.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090109/sc_space/saturdaynightspecialbiggestfullmoonof2009

The thing is it will cause Hightides and they can trigger earthquakes, especially around areas of water..

http://www.livescience.com/environment/041026_Tidal_Earthquakes.html

Some believe that this will also affect our bodies..

http://www.skepdic.com/fullmoon.html

Snoozy...Is that big ad still in my post?..

• ninja
    ninja

it's also my mother in laws yearly shower....coincidence?....you decide

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks snoozy - this is exciting - I wish I was on a beach in the Carribean for this event

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i noticed the big, bright full moon, last night. The moons bright, LED like light on the snow made it look like crystals of diamonds. Beautiful.

Could be that people tend to act up during full moons. Thankfully, nothing crazy happened around here, last night.

S

• dottie
    dottie

That would explain my kids wacky behaviour! I haven't had the chance to look at the calendar yet this morning. Thank you for the heads up I now know what I'm in for tonight.

They are 4 and 2 and a half, and whenever a full moon comes they are restless, cranky and at each others throats much more than usual. Call it coincidence or whatever, but this morning they got up and right away they were at it: freaking out, crying and arguing from 2 usually calm and happy kids.

I'm hoping they sleep well tonight...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Be careful, the werewolves might come out.

Jackie

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    Be careful, the werewolves might come out.

Good. I don't have to shave today.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

PLEASE FORGIVE THE FOLLOWING RAMBLINGS>>>>>>>>i usually am totally aware of when the full moon is going to be during any given month, and this one is in CANCER.........well, guess what? lol..........i'm the quintessential MOON CHILD...........my moon is in Cancer in my horoscope.........and yes, i worship my mom, and have deep transference issues as well as forming deep attachments to all personal possessions in my life.....it took me 10 years to get to the point where i have done major cleanouts in my closets...........i've spent so many years trying to gain my own separate personality from hers........making it even more difficult was the fact that she was the rock my sister and i had during our terribly dysfunctional childhoods.........dad was a deeply scarred individual........he was a Pisces. i would take an educated astrological guess that he was a double or triple Pisces......his walk through this life was frightening and for a time victimized my mom, sister and me. but, we have all been able to move on in our own healing processes......i regret no experiences i've had in my life, and am no longer a victim.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Don't care how big the moon is - it's flippin' freezin'!!!

seriously, one of my sisters spent time working in A&E (ER!) and ITU and says it was commonly accepted in those areas that the number of suicide attempts increases around a full moon - they called it 'moon madness'

sunnygal said:

......i regret no experiences i've had in my life, and am no longer a victim.

- and that's all that matters, good on ya

• White Dove
    White Dove

Umm...did it occur to anyone that this is also the smallest full moon of 2009, so far? IT'S THE ONLY FULL MOON OF 2009! Hahaha! I'm going to a full moon ritual with my coven tonight. It'll be the first one I ever went to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit