Are They Numbers or Are They People

by AllTimeJeff 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Don't forget to factor in returning DFs to the equation. I have no idea at all how many return, but just for grins, let's say 1/2 of them do".......I remember reading somewhere,1 in 10 go back permanently........................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Don't forget to factor in returning DFs to the equation. I have no idea at all how many return, but just for grins, let's say 1/2 of them do.

I forgot all about disfellowshipped people who return. I think half is probably about right, though it seems to me fewer return now than used to be the case. Nevertheless the number of faders still seems quite low.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes, the point is they are just numbers. The Society is obsessed with numbers, which was great in the early 1970s when there was great growth. Now they barely keep up with population growth in the west and what growth there is seems to come mainly form the 'foreign field'.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I remember recently a Pew Research poll that said 60% of people who convert to the JWs eventually leave and close to two-thirds of kids raised in it leave when they grow up. I don't know the margin of error on that poll though.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

ATJ,

Thanks for sharing this post. Others will benefit from your story.

• flipper
    flipper

AL TIME JEFF- Good thread. No matter how the numbers are cut up and figured it obviously shows that inroads are being made from the internet in that people are no longer under " total information control " if they choose to educate themselves about the deceptions pulled by the WT society. It's not like the old days where people had nowhere to turn to find out about the scandals , errors, and abuses of the WT society. Thank Jesus, lord, God , Jehovah , or somebody for the internet ! Thank whoever you want ! The main thing is - it helps free people's minds ! Peace out,Mr. Flipper

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The thing about this is, the numbers drown out the fact that you can count on practically every single person who leaves having some kind of problems and issues relating to the JW dogma.

Imagine, a hundred thousand people a year fade. Having to deal with the shame, the gossip, the depression, mental illness and confusion. One is too many, but JW's have found a way to institutionalize it. The numbers bear that out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit