The Last Cup [please add an ending]

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Move to New Zealand we just had our 1st Autum rain.

Karter.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hair trigger - awesome.

(CompoundComplex... You are joking, yes? Converting to Mormonism?)

-- it makes me wonder, in the depths of my soul looking over the parched land, that a vision should come... a burning bush.... No, already been done.... Some golden plates...? Already done...but wait! Behold a man, no, an angel! - bearing golden tablets, and he claims to have the truth!

Hm. Nope. Can't do it, lol.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Youse guys is good! WOW!

Muddy Waters: no conversion here, just a reason why it's my last cup.

Best regards and thanks.

CC

• flipper
    flipper

You , dear reader , may wonder why........ I just don't do a rain dance like our Native brethren did in the days of old from the romantic wagon train times of dusty, worn out trails from gold seekers scurrying out west to discover that precious yellow metal that brought extinction to our Native American Brethren - you ask ?

You ask ? Because if it didn't save our dear Native brothers and sisters , it's sure as hell isn't going to bring any rain either. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Splash
    Splash

You, dear reader, may wonder why . . .

... I called my lifelong confidante and friend and asked her to bring her video camera over. After all, what could be better than two girls and one cup...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

oh give me a home where the thunderclouds roam

and the skies are cloudy and gray where seldom is heard a discouraging word

and the fog rolls in from the bay

Oh home without rain I think I'm going insane give me a storm since my coffee is warm

and I promise I'll never complain

so where is the rain uncork the waiting champagne

when we feel the first drop the champagne will pop

and the trees will sing the refrain

• Half banana
    Half banana

You dear reader may wonder why...

I had broken the last commandment: do not be found out. This being 2026 just six years after the great meteor strike, with religious surveillance being complete now for five years, the thought police, considered a jest in the last century had become a reality.

The seven leaders of the religious cult had turned political and duped the world. They call it God's New Kingdom on Earth... Huh! The giant meteor which landed in central Italy affected the whole world, killing more than half the population mainly in Europe and Asia. Ice and snow fell all over Africa, it rained in the tropical deserts and has been complete drought in Southern USA and most of South America. Floods and droughts in all the wrong places. How could people in this day and age still believe it was a judgement from God? My last coffee.

I thought I could go undetected but in two hours I will be humanely eliminated at the centre for Religious Justice. It will be a routine show trial with a foregone conclusion. From then it will be all over in fifteen minutes.

My sabotage plan would have succeeded but for one informer afraid for his life. You can’t blame him, all his family would have to be killed as well when the police elders found out he knew of my scheme. All who dare to think differently to the ruling elite are progressively eliminated. The seven ”Culture Heroes”, as they call themselves, who through psychotic determination, media and mind control, ruthlessly deny the basic needs of humanity. They rule in the name of God with a tyranny unknown to history. My very last coffee.

The caffeine kicked in and I awoke with a start... If only it would rain!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, my friends, for words worthy of a screenplay!

Lots of imagination and talent here.

Love and blessings,

CoCo Caffe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit