This just entered my mind! Open for discussion!

by Number1Anarchist 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How about this for making/saving money. If you have an electricity
    collector, you can sell back the energy to your provider. You would
    usually have solar panels, but the congregations can get every
    member pedaling during the meetings- connect them all to
    special bicycles that generate electricity and put it on the grid.

Otherwise, perhaps the congregations can get contracts for
    assembling small parts. The mindless work can be done by the member
    during the mindless meeting. They can attach widgets to gizmos and
    listen to the elders (exempt from such menial work) spout on about
    some latest new light, like changing the name of the Presiding Overseer
    or announcing that the ultra cheap book covers will now have a special
    laminate to prove Jehovah's blessings.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Being from a "2nd/3rd" world country, you would be surprised how much money is actually made. Africa is served by a couple of major bethels, the main one being in South Africa, Johannesburg. Therefore everything is converted into local currency. Plus, from the congregations I was in, the move wealthier ones would send funds/contributions to help the brothers in the poorer areas. There are some very rich JWs around.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I can see Awake and Watchtower combined in the future into one magazine to save costs. They'll push it off as "lightening the load" or some crap.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Lol, Put all the Witnesses into hamster wheels and have them produce electricty.

Loubelle i totally get that. How's the growth though in your Country? Eventually these rich people will die off or there won't be enough of them. the internet is gonna make it hard to recruit the Smart people. Think in the next 10 years what the Watchtower will look like.

Sacolton i could totally see that happening. Yep, combine the two and call it new light.

Is it just me or does hearing the words NEW and Light combined make you vomit. It's like 9/11. why is the economy so bad 9/11. Why are we whatever 9/11. ?

Why are we changeing this doctrine? New light, why are we stopping the book study? New light

I'm gonna shove that New light up there ASS,lol

• veen
    veen

Well how much cash do you think they need to keep going? An old dude I know recently died leaving every penny and all his property to the society. A reasonable estimate would be a total of £500,000. Last year, another old geezer left £700,000 plus his house. I think with this kind of misguided behaviour they can keep going for a long long time.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes this planned giving started I think shortly after the donations only for literature came into effect, it certainly wasn't at least put forth like it is now around when I was JW

back in the big money days of the 60's and 70's.

Is this financial situation a probable cause for the Society to gather the land entitlements from the Kingdom Halls and if this is so can you imagine how much wealth they would have at their hands. ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit