WTS Plan to Improve Stats

by Marvin Shilmer 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs Rocky
    Mrs Rocky

Typical for the WT to do something like this. The last time I was asked if I had time to report, its been about 3 years ago, the congregation secretary said surely I had talked about Jehovah to someone during the month. I flat out told him that I didn't keep track of every minute and to guess would be lying. You should have seen the smoke come out of his ears! Never bothered me again about field service reports. So do the low hour publishers (less than 5) get to feel better about their service to God? or are they just adding another category of people who will never be good enough?

• avengers
    avengers

How can they be the loyal and faithful slave after deceiving us for so many years? They are the de-loyal and unfaithful slave. They feel the pressure of this fact and now they have to construct some kind of propaganda to purposely sweep their dirt under the carpet. But the more dirt, the more we can sweep out from under there. And it will happen. Time and effort it will take, but be patient.

Family life? pfpfpfpffpfpfp!!!!

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • TR
    TR

What, no comments on these arrangements from active 'hovahs? That's right, what can you say.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Let's say that next year they were to get everyone in the congregations to report every month. Great! Their average figures will increase markedly for that year.

But what about the year after? Where do they get the increase from that year?

Exactly!

Expatbrit, I agree with you. The Borg could be sacrificing long-term loss for a short-term gain.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• mustang
    mustang

R51785: A framed picture of a pink Cadillac will be awarded to anyone whose Bible Study gets baptized.

S-Satan: This is similar to one of Jimmy Carter’s successes. He got the Georgia legislature to pass a law that repealed the practice of dead people voting.

Mustang
    [:D:D][:D:D]

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Marvin,

Very interesting development. As usual this kind of behavior or procedure is sneered at and considered beneath contempt it their own literature.

Take a look at these gems from “Jehovah’s mouth”:

*** w94 9/1 17 Rejoice in Jehovah! ***
    True Christians do not have to be prodded into giving; they consider it a privilege to support their King to the extent their circumstances permit, each one “just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

*** w91 3/15 15 Keep Pace With Jehovah's Celestial Chariot ***
    9 Ezekiel was not to be apathetic or fearful, needing to be prodded constantly to fulfill his commission. He would be free of bloodguilt only if he willingly and boldly spoke Jehovah’s words.

*** w65 5/1 272 Mature Ministers Can Aid Others ***
    Mature Christians appreciate their responsibility to preach and to teach as Jesus did. No one needs to call on them at their homes to encourage them to participate in the ministry or to attend congregational meetings. They have the initiative, the inner drive, to do this without being prodded.

*** w95 6/15 22 "Sacred Service With Your Power of Reason" ***
    Elders who stir hearts will find that those in the congregation are thereby motivated to do all they can in God’s service. They will be self-starters, not always needing to be prodded by others. Jehovah does not want forced obedience. He is looking for obedience that comes from a heart filled with love. Elders can encourage such heart-motivated service by helping those in the flock to develop their power of reason.

These two quotes are particularly fitting to the “loving arrangement” they are implementing:

*** w62 8/15 493 Children, Do You Obey Jehovah? ***
    19 God has no pleasure in the person that serves him reluctantly and has to be prodded continually by others to do the divine will. If you truly love your Creator you will want to obey him.

*** w58 7/15 445 Beware that You Do Not Lose Your Place! ***
    There is no place in this theocratic organization for any who hold back and who have to be prodded, or for those who grudgingly and sluggishly drag along halfheartedly, or for those who jump over the traces and stubbornly want to go their own way. The voluntary slaves of Jehovah are and must be hard workers, willing workers, diligent workers, who gladly and joyfully team up with Christ Jesus and one another and apply their minds and bodies and all their talents and physical energies toward advancing the Kingdom interests.

It certainly is great to know that the imaginary guy in the sky has “no pleasure” in such people.

Norm.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Norm,

What I also find interesting, is that each and every paragraph you provided from WT study articles uses the term 'prodded.' What an unpleasant word!

They could have just as easily used the term 'encouraged.' But, by continually referring to 'prodding,' Brooklyn reflects its' true thinking - the rank-and-file are nothing more than a 'herd of cattle' in their eyes!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The word "proddingly" is Brooklynese for lovingly.

You knew that, didn't you?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The term "loving provision from Jehovah" was used to introduce the hour reduction for pioneers from 90 to 70 per month. It also appears to have accompanied these new arrangements.

What is a joke is that the whole counting of time thing is burdensome, no one really likes it or would miss it if it was abandoned tomorrow, but it is somehow viewed as "from Jehovah".

The thing is, no one would go out in field service at all if it was no longer required.

As the Society reduces what is "required", the R&F are more than happy to accept the reductions. I'm sure the Society is disappointed at the tradeoff in hours that are needed to prop up the numbers in publishers and pioneers, but psychologically one is more important than the other when they are forced to choose.

Somehow they have to reduce meetings to boost attendance. No one will be complaining either.

Path

• Norm
    Norm

Hi ZazuWitts,

I agree with your observation. I find it absolutely hilarious that "Jehovah" have no pleasure in people who need to be "prodded all the time" when it is hard to find an organization who uses more prodding then the WTS.

Me? I prefer to be pawed, Zazu, much nicer, don't you agree?

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit