WTS Plan to Improve Stats

by Marvin Shilmer 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I think there's probably a financial component to this tactic too. After all, if publishers conveniently "forget" to turn in their time every month, what's to say they aren't also "forgetting" to fork over the "donations" they are supposed to be collecting??

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• ISP
    ISP

r51785

I agree. They are consumed with figures. The 15 min rule for elderly ones was to 'help' them....thats the extent of the help! They view your spirituality by the hours. The sooner they ditch the timekeeping the better.

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

If they put a wt mag in the coffin w a dead jw, they could keep counting him as a publisher a little longer.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Marvin.

Hope that you are well.

When I heard that this new 'arrangement' was being instituted I was somewhat stunned.

I could not believe that the WTS did not not see that most JW's would see through this 'arrangement' very rapidly.

A quick call to a Branch insider a couple of weeks ago re-iterated that this was, in his words a 'moral booster' for the average JW's. When I asked why their moral would need boosting, he chuckled and said, 'Come On, XXXX, you have been around longer than that!'.

Just a cynical PR ploy, as transparent as glass. Can you imagine Marvin, the CO's report when he lists his usual list of, '5 hour publishers', next to a huge list of '15 minute publishers'.

As one song or the other once said, 'This is the fierce last stand of all I am'.

Best regards - HS

• JT
    JT

Thanks for the info- this brings to mind what some of you may recall the wonderful "Help on another Program"

it to was another wt failure- this is where a weak pub was to be ASSIGNED A PIONEER to work with (exp sales person helping dude behide on quota) to get back into the swing of things- it was a total failure

most pioneers didn't want the elder assigning them to sick weak and her 4kids and sister weak with 37yrs as a jw didn't want some sister baptize 18months trying to show her how to offer the mags

it was a total failure

i recall so many pioneers asking us to assigne me someone else cause this sister NEVER SHOWS UP AND THEN i have to work by myself for 3 hours -

once again nothing more than failed sales programs

james

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks Marvin,

If an elderly sis/bro can just put up a brochure for someone to perhaps see.........well, couldn't a jw who works in an office, etc., do the same thing on their desk - and count time?

What about those laundry mat mags? Mannnnnnn, all that time sitting there being looked at - perhaps.

Those who wear their convention badges (still do that?) could count entire time wearing them in public - people see and it's good advertisement.

waiting

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HA-HA!St.Satan,you are one sick puppy!..MERRY CHRISTMAS ST. SATAN...OUTLAW

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Loving provision? HA! What don't they call it what it is....intimidation and coercion? Reminds me of the letter my cousin (a CO out in the Midwest at the time) sent to my mother concerning her final stay in a nursing home after a devastating stroke. He wasn't particularly concerned about her, but rather was concerned that she might not be able to witness as much, and he asked if perhaps she could ask me to help her (of course I had been inactive for years at that point, and good little Dub cousin couldn't speak to me). Oh, yes, it took him only a year and a half to respond to my initial letter informing him that Mom had had the stroke and I didn't know how long she would be alive. He never sent a card....never called to inquire about her....never went to see her....and his "loving" letter arrived two months after her death.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Marvin already said this above, but this is only a one or two year shot in the arm for %tage figures.

Let's say that next year they were to get everyone in the congregations to report every month. Great! Their average figures will increase markedly for that year.

But what about the year after? Where do they get the increase from that year?

In fact, the long term trends are down, and this attempt to mask a symptom will do nothing long term to affect the causes, and further declines.

Expatbrit

• Satanus
    Satanus

Outlaw

Thanks i guess. May santa bring you good things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit