PO's wife told me Jehovah's holy spirit is with my hubby and I...

by cognac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

First of all, we haven't been to 1/2 the meetings... I guess she hasn't noticed. Anyways, some things have worked out very well for us (not spiritual or religious) and she said that Jehovah's holy spirit was with us. She asked if we had been praying to God for these specific things. Hubby and I both didn't answer.

My jaw just about dropped to the floor when she said that. If she only new exactly how apostate I was, lol. I bet she wouldn't have said that, lol..

Anyways, you guys got funny stories like that?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well sure it is, you are missing meetings. It is trying to get you to leave altogether!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

according to the CO and his wife the great tribulation will be like conditions are now - ie the economic upheavals.

Internet chat rooms and apostates are like the strange woman of Proverbs7:10-13. "She" cunningly waits ready to pounce on innocent JWs. Apparently lots have succumbed to her wiles

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Ooh, we have wiles!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If economic upheavals = great tribulation then why didnt it come during the depression?

• White Dove
    White Dove

This country and the whole world has seen worse. History is rife with "worse." We are living well in comparison.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Ooh, we have wiles!!

oops - my bad

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, I like that! Don't think I've ever had wiles before!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

No, I like that! Don't think I've ever had wiles before!

lol

• blondie
    blondie

It always amazed me how jws as an organization and as individuals, felt they were qualified to judge whether people had holy spirit or not. That would be like judging whether someone was a "genuinely" anointed member of the 144,000. Oh, right, they do that too. And any non-jw is definitely not worthy of the holy spirit, that's why their prayers are not heard, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit