Another Death in the Family

by Undecided 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

My uncle just died yesterday. He was just 2 years older then I am. I had 9 uncles, now there is only one alive. I saw a sign that said Cemetry St. and beside it was another that said Dead end, so true. I'm having a hard time accepting my death that is comming pretty soon. I guess that is normal.

Ken P.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry to hear...be positive Ken and try living a health lifestyle, don't give in.

• watson
    watson

I'm sorry for your loss, Undecided. Seems like every day we are reminded of our own mortality. Live each day to the full!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Please don't give up!

• musky
    musky

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

72 years is young still. Keep a positive attitude and get the regular health checkups.

• Decided
    Decided

I'm still doing well for my age, but I can feel the years when I lift something or try to run or do the things I did a few years ago. My last checkup a few weeks ago was good. I don't take any medicine and my blood pressure is OK. Maybe I will last a few more years.

Ken P.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We are on the same page. Everyday, I can't get it out of my mind that I won't be around much longer. I will miss family and friends. I will be either nothing or have an awakening of some kind.

Blueblades

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm so sorry Ken

• beksbks
    beksbks

Come on now Ken P.!! Read the story of the 88 year old lady who fought off an attacker! You've got plenty of good years ahead of you. The mind is a very powerful thing, decide you are in good shape and happy, and you are more likely to be so.

• juni
    juni

Ken, any of us could die in a moment no matter how old we are. Don't waste time dwelling on death thoughts; life is waiting! Hell, you could easily live another 20-30 years. Have a good attitude! Keep rockin! *Edited to add.... not in a rocking chair either Ken.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit