The Cool Stuff on our New Home JWN

by OUTLAW 83 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Okay, I found the "start new post " button.

Hubert

Checking edit for Deputy Dog and me.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Hubert

I found the "edit" button OK. It's just that if someone edits a post, you can't tell. On JWD it would show on the bottom of the post, that it was edited.

• hubert
    hubert

Nope, don't see it either. Guess that's why I'm not a "mod". Hee, hee.

Hubert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hubert..Look to the top right corner of your post..There is a little eraser there..Thats the way we edit now.......................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do we find our PM`s?..For those who don`t know..There is an envelope in the top right hand corner of the JWN web Page..That is how we get into our PM`s...................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Simon,

This question seems petty, I admit, yet over the long run (for those long sessions in JWN) I'd like to know whether it is/will be possible to change the default colors of text on JWN? The pale greys and blues seem to create a sense of detachment and - well - insecurity. While a strong, black font and deep blues (navy, midnight) lend to a firmer bonding with the words. [The description may seem strange, but I have always had a strong affinity to words rather than ideographs.]

Thanks, in advance, for your response to this question and to that posed by me on your "How to post a new topic on JWN" thread.

-V

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Valkyrie..There is a Huge A,just above your area..When you post a reply..Hit that button..And choose any Colour you like!!........................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

i see the mail icon...but how do SEND one dammit!.......i cant figure it out!......feel stoopid.........oompa

• Simon
    Simon

Sending PMs isn't implemented yet

I expect to offer alternative style (color schemes) and possibly designs (minimalist, rich etc...) at some point so you can control how the site appears

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

There is a Huge A,just above your area..When you post a reply..Hit that button..And choose any Colour you like!!........................

Yes - thank you, Outlaw for that formatting tip. However, I was referring to the default text and background whilst reading the topics and posts, not when creating my own posts. Default text color is normally black. I am seeing a default color (i.e., that applied when posters have not elected to be colorful) of wimpy grey.

- V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit