Glen Howe died

by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

But you also helped my mother find a job when she first arrived in Canada,

Quotes, how did Glen Howe help find you mother a job? Did he know your family? or was it a kind action that he extended to someone in need?

• VM44
    VM44

GLEN HOWE GAVE THIS RADIO INTERVIEW..ANYONE RECALL

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/139410/1.ashx

Glen Howe was like Jim Carey ranting?

• LDH
    LDH
    Glen, you showed that a tenacious lawyer, placed in a situation that allows him to focus all his efforts on a dimly lit corner of case law, and given free rein, and material support, to doggedly pursue an agenda without the usual burdens of earning a living and supporting a family, can illuminate that case law for the benefit of your masters.

You also showed how deep pockets can prevail, and no doubt about it the WT has deep pockets.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Glen Howe Died..Coffin And Smoking..BravoBravoBravo................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• mouthy
    mouthy

You're a good woman Grace....

Thousands dont agree with you Di

• Quotes
    Quotes

VM44, I forget the exact story (despite my mother telling me several times) but my vague recollection goes like this:

Somehow, my mother (a new and young immigrant to Canada from UK) met or got in contact with Glen How (they were both JWs at the time, so it is not impossibly unlikely that they would know of each other). They might have been in the same hall, I can't remember. I think my mom was here as a Nanny, so she might have been working in a nice upscale neighborhood (for a worldy person? YIKES) which would explain why they might have even been in the same KH.

IIRC, Glen recommended my Mom to his friend/colleague/fellow JW, Frank Motrille, and Mom started working for Frank.

Of course, years later, Frank Motrille was pitted against Glen How in the Vickie Boer trial here in Toronto. Knowing the back story, I took perverse delight in seeing it played out in court; much better than "Law & Order". On the very first day of the trial, my wife was seated right next to Glen How. This was before the ad hoc seating segregation developed, wherein the JWS all sat together on the left side and all us evil nasty apostates (i.e. supporters of Vickie) sat on the right side.

~Q

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The day I showed up, I sat in the middle up front - more to the right than the left - with a bunch from the hall. Beside me was the wife one of the elder's who was named in the suit. I sat there so I could be closer to Scott and Vicky and their counsel who went at least three times with th stupid stick. I sure had a lot of fun for my couple of hours ... Why, I almost tripped poor Glen's cane out from underneath him during recess.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hawkaw said "Well I still remember How adjusting his hearing aid at the Boer trial and Her Honour was about ready to lose it on him"

Please remind of the details of this event, my memory is blank.

~Q

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember Glen Howe from my teenage years. Those bushy white eyebrows of his reached the floor. Yikes!! He scared the crap out of me. But I felt so honored to be in his presence. He gave a talk recounting a case in Singapore that they had lost.

By the way at that time he had a cute little thing by his side. I think it was his wife.

wanna

• mouthy
    mouthy

Frank Motrille, sat next to me at that trail on one of the days, when I told him I was d/f he got up & moved away...
    But I had lunch with his son. A lovely fellow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit