Why must they be so mean to the children?

by New light for you 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

Another interesting thing that I have noticed is that JW kids will really be bold and completely honest when they
    leave the religion.

There is a group from my old hall that really are the epitome of people who really are stuck in a 'time-freeze'
    without any realization of acting like a grown-up.

These people may sound and look like typical myspace accounts, but their parents are really hard-nosed witnesses.
    They really took a u-turn at the corner of witness living and worldly life!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=34935597

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=20597379

• garybuss
    garybuss

If I had an 8 year old kid, I'd have the same situation . . . except I'd be the one keeping my kid away from the Witnesses. I didn't, and I damn sure wish I had.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm not a cursing woman, but stuff like this makes me want to curse, dammit!

Sylvia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The woman is ordered by her masters in Brooklyn to protect her daughter from "worldly influences". her daughter may not be exposed to "friendships with the world"..The poor family are victims of a cult ...Do you really want your little girl to be best friends with them, maybe sleepover, share in what they do, then be asking to go to their meetings?

It is tough now, but in the long run she is well out of it.

• New light for you
    New light for you

Thank you all for you support... I just got my daughter started in girl scouts, i'm putting alot of faith in it! So hard to get kids at school to play now-a-days.... moms are like "oh, yes, my daughter has known your daughter for 3 years at this school, yes, we'd love to play, how about March? we have free time then for a playdate?" What is up with this "playdate" crap?? and who the hell waits till MARCH to play? when WE were kids, we came over almost ever day.. played till it was dark, then went home... what the hell? why is it so formal and why do you have to be penciled into an 8year olds calendar????? GEESH!

• Balsam
    Balsam

The mentality is so damaging to the young people in the JW's and causes untold pain for them when it comes to relationships. Your JW friends daughter will probably hate her mother the rest of her life because of her not allowing her to remain friends with your daughter. This is only one of the many painful experiences your dear daughter will go through growing up. Help her to understand that how she feels right now will be different a year down the road. I hope she can make some friends with some of her school mates that will be good for her. It's tough,m my son was 15 when he went through the same thing. He is 21 now and has better friends and closer relationships than he did back then with the JW kids he was ripped away from because of them viewing him as bad assocation because their mother became an apostate. It was hard on him and he was very sad but he did make new friends and they have deleloped into some awesomely good friends.

Ruth

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is suffering from the loss of her friend. Such cruelty is an abomination of all that religion is supposed to stand for.

Odd solution, but if you change neighborhoods/towns children naturally make new friends. All the old gets left behind. All things are new, bright, exciting.

We moved often when I was a child, and often when I had children of my own. The downside is no lifelong friendships, but the upside is learning to make new friends where ever life takes you.

Another upside is learning to depend more on family and on yourself than on any friends or other outsiders.

Just a thought.

SusanHere

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

There is no reason why they still can't be friends - sit down with your little one and try explain things to her in her language so that she can grasp what is going on. Help her make new lil friends - throw a party (even if it's for no reason), invite some of her friends from school, organise activities.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Sorry to hear that. One more double standard by the BORG. Sadly, your ex-friend thinks she is doing the right thing. How short sighted.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit