Why must they be so mean to the children?

by New light for you 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• New light for you
    New light for you

I havn't posted in quite a while.. i thought we could move on.. .but my 8 year old is the most incredbly hurt brokenhearted girl by having her life-long friend ripped away by us leaving the organization. I tried to leave quietly, we're not DFed or anything... but her mother, my former best friend will NOT let the girls talk.. write.. contact ... PERIOD. My daughter is still crying all the time. I email my former friend, and she's just all concerned that my 8 year old is going to mess with her "spirituality". STUPID CULT. UGH.

What love ... "AMONG THEMSELVES". GOD FORBID you fall to the wayside... then be eaten by wolves!! I cant believe they could be so crule to my daughter as not to even allow her a "good-bye"... i just see this shaping her as a person.,.. its been about 8 months since she's seen her friend, and she still is crying... she made me listen to this song, and we both cried to it.... miss you song

I cant even listen to it. I had her in therapy in school, and the councelor said "shes fine" now.

I hate them more and more for being so mean and hateful to children.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I can’t offer any advice for that scenario, just to say that I feel for you and your daughter.

Religion is so cruel sometimes. So sorry for your hurt….

• yknot
    yknot

That is so sad......

I remember the woman who was used for the picture in the MBOBS page 9....... she became a JW because her BFF was JW.

I guess your ex-friend knows in her heart there is a underlining lie in the Troof.... and she is afraid she will have to confront her own doubts.

At least you know your own child won't be lured back into the JWs.

Freedom often comes with a hefty price.

• cawshun
    cawshun

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. Help her to move on, help her to find a new friend at school. Let her invite some girls over for a play day, make it fun, maybe a tea party and pedicures. Go out of your way to make it fun, let them pick a nail color to paint their toe nails. You must get her interested in new friends. Maybe you could let her have a slumber party with a few friends. Just help her to move on.

Its just shameful what that mother is doing to her own daughter. I really feel your daughter will be better off away from that family so they don't try to indoctrinate your daughter.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    I email my former friend, and she's just all concerned that my 8 year old is going to mess with her "spirituality".

The irony is that she takes her own daughter out door-to-door and instructs her that, when she's at school, to "witness" to others, so her daughter is sent on a mission to mess with the "spirituality" of every other child she encounters! How would this mother feel if all of the other children's parents responded to her daughter the way she's responded to yours?

I agree with the others, you must help your daughter make some new friends. Go to PTA meetings and meet some of the other parents. If they have any birthday parties in her classroom, attend as a parent helper and see which kids your daughter particularly likes and then encourage her in her relationships with them.

Above all, make sure your daughter understands that her friend isn't rejecting her; her friend's mother is very, very sick mentally and doesn't realize what she's doing. Hopefully, the friend will grow up and leave the Borg like most children do and seek out your daughter then.

StAnn

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I hear you.

My son was playing the Wii yesterday and came across the little 'person' his JW cousin had created on the system. He asked his mum if he should delete the character as his cousin isn't allowed to come to our house anymore.

A little later he went into a really aggressive bad mood, started crying and hid under his bed covers.

He sees his JW cousins very rarely, only at carefully arranged visits at my mother-in-law's home. His cousins live on the same street as us.

What the WTS does is called 'relational aggression', it's a form of 'covert bullying' and psychological abuse.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt that your daughter is baptized. I doubt that the former friend is baptized. And, since neither are baptized, there is no reason why they can't continue being friends--even if one parent is disfellowshipped, the children are not.

About all that's going to do is turn one formerly neutral apostate into a justifiably bitter apostate. Usually, it's stunts like that that generate most of the retaliatory actions including picketing a$$emblies, demonstrations at the REJECT Jesus Party, petitions to have the witlesses' requests for building Kingdumb Hells and holding a$$emblies denied, and additional persecution for those running the show. And they wonder why us apostates have a tendency to be bitter--they bring it all down on themselves! Sound organizations rarely have most of their ex-members so bitter as the Jehovah's Witlesses do.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

My son was about 12 when I stopped going to the meetings and continued to go with his mother until he was 17, earlier this year.

Every weekend he would go out with his witness cousin and other friends. As soon as he stopped going to the meetings, they haven't been round to see him once!

I am afraid that's the way it goes with this narrow minded religion.

• carla
    carla

Get her involved with some activities like Girl Scouts, sports, art clubs, YMCA, etc.... Most kids do experience the loss of a friend (though not in such a cruel way) when families move or change schools. Give her the tools to get along socially and make many friends. You may find yourself outside your own comfort zone by her joining some of the above but the point is to allow her a normal and active childhood.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    The irony is that she takes her own daughter out door-to-door and instructs her that, when she's at school, to "witness" to others, so her daughter is sent on a mission to mess with the "spirituality" of every other child she encounters! How would this mother feel if all of the other children's parents responded to her daughter the way she's responded to yours?

Very interesting point! Another double standard. Talk to others, but don't listen to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit