Freezing at conventions

by crapola 15 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

We always hear about how hot it was in the open air stadiums of years ago but did anyone ever freeze to death almost at the later conventions?

Sometimes the whole place was so cold that my fingers went numb. This was at the Myriad Convention Center in Okla, City.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We used to go somewhere in Cookeville Tennessee that froze us out in the spring and fall.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

The coldness that I remember is how they treated the disfellowshipped people. Even mothers and children. Disgraceful and inhuman.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes, So cold we took blankets in the middle of July. I think it's an evil plot to keep us awake.

• crapola
    crapola

Yeah, but it did'nt keep me awake. Just made me sleepier and mad.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

We've been to the Myriad, but it was 25 years ago. And yes they kept the place cold. The opposite of the Myriad was the Sunland Park race track near El Paso The temp was 107 deg F one of the days. Never again

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Who are you two to complain when a starving Swetlana trudges over alligator infested rivers in a bottomless boat with no legs and nine dirt eating kids just to go to the book study!

• crapola
    crapola

Hey no more kool aid,, you are so funny!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can explain the problem. The men were the ones that controlled the thermostat. Since they always had that heavy coat on, they were always hot. So they crank the air conditioner, which froze the "sisters" while they themselves were about right. I think if they would take that fxxxing suit off, they would be comfortable at a temperature closer to what the "sisters" are.

• crapola
    crapola

I agree with you. I would have been to hot with a suit on to. I could'nt figure out why they would'nt take those coats off once ion a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit