My wife rejects Jesus

by JimmyPage 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I was leaving the DMV the other day when a man hands me a piece of paper.

My wife says, "I wouldn't have taken that."

I said, "Why not?"

She says, "I saw the word 'Jesus' on it."

I looked it over and said, "Well, it's actually a printoff of John chapter 3 in it's entirety. There's not even an invitation to a particular church on it. Believe it or not, it's in modern English, too."

Truth is, I saw the word 'Jesus' on it as well. But to me, that's not a bad thing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting. I guess, wt corp comes ahead of anything jesus or christian for true jws.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

A few years before I got dumped for Jehooba...

I asked the wife if she accepted the blood of Christ as spilled on behalf of her sins... (we were discucssin the real value of JW ism) ... her eyes rolled back in her head like she was posessed.

Closest I have ever come to calling an exorcist. I wont bet the farm on it... but that moment really made me think the Satan runs the Watchtower.

Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Millions of people reject Jesus every year at a so called "Memorial" where the same tired speech outline gets trotted out over and over again.

BTS

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Burn said, "Millions of people reject Jesus every year at a so called "Memorial" where the same tired speech outline gets trotted out over and over again."

Exactly. When I saw the headline, I thought this thread was about the upcoming "Memorial".

• freetosee
    freetosee

“Jesus“ identifies you with the harlot babylon! Only “jehovah” identifies you with the true religion! lol

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    My wife says, "I wouldn't have taken that."

Dubs are conditioned not to accept or read anything religious unless it comes from the WT. Some older liberal ones will recognize the value of Bible Dictionary's etc, but pamphlets? Never..

I was on the ministry once with another elder, the young H/holder wanted to give me a scriptural tract (It was only listing daily Bible readings) before I could accept it, he butted in and rejected it - end of call...Typical !

It seems that anybody else using Jesus name has to be either evil or a nutjob. It is like they owned the copyright...

• free2beme
    free2beme

Sounds like she is making a step in the right direction.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Jesus is alright with me and I'm an atheist

• sacolton
    sacolton

You think that's bad? Read some of the JW comments on YouTube. They absolutely HATE the mention of Jesus or if anyone is born-again. They just go into this rage and attack anyone who isn't a Jehovah's Witness. Pretty scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit