Diary of Anne Frank a Fraud?

by sammielee24 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• noni1974
    noni1974

I read it when I was young. I believe it to be real. I felt a real connection to her. I was not aware of how it ended before I read it and I had thought she would live when I first read the book. I was shocked and sickened to hear she died.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Don't watch these..parts one thru 9. Just don't Seriously

I've already seen these. Extremely disturbing that human beings could treat each other this way, but I think everyone should see them at least once.

BTS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In the UK the BBC start a nightly dramatisation of "The Diary Of Anne Frank" on Monday Jan 5th.

It is on at 7 pm so I do not know how detailed it will be. I have never read it so I cannot comment on the content

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nina and I have been watching "The World at War" on DVD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_world_at_war

I first read "The Diary of Anne Frank" when I was 13 and it made a profound impact on me. I must have read it a dozen times that year. The story was a real-life Shakespearan tragedy, as it was only a few weeks before Amsterdam was liberated. She, and her family and fellow Jews hiding out, would have survived. But it was not to be.

I'm all for re-examining history, but very often I've found historical revisionists have a personal agenda, sometimes ego driven, sometimes money driven but in this case I'd have to see some rock hard facts before I'd believe the story is a fraud. Frankly it's an insult not just to her story but the entire Holocaust for someone to make the allegation without absolute proof.

Chris

• free2beme
    free2beme

Would not surprise me anymore. However, I think that is old new. As I saw something on History Channel once about that.

• inkling
    inkling

And why should I take anything from batshit Holocaust deniers seriously?

[inkling]

• Gregor
    Gregor

The diary of Anne Frank has entered into the historical record in peoples minds. If it was fabricated, I don't think it is all that important. The story illustrates the horrors of the situation from a unique and plausible perspective that in no way exagerates the cruelty of the Nazi extermination efforts.

• 5go
    5go

I have to say my mom made me read it when I was young and I now looking back have my doubts it too detailed for a young girl and reads like the bible. (Going to third person when it should be first through the book like how Moses' accounts things)

I wouldn't be shocked if it was made up or for the matter embellished a lot.

• 5go
    5go

The diary of Anne Frank has entered into the historical record in peoples minds. If it was fabricated, I don't think it is all that important. The story illustrates the horrors of the situation from a unique and plausible perspective that in no way exaggerates the cruelty of the Nazi extermination efforts.
    These recent fabrications are giving holocaust deniers better ammo, bad enough in my opinion.

• Simon
    Simon

I remember watching 'the world at war' in school ... it was a fantastic series (a landmark at the time)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit