History of the Cong. Bookstudy ... video plus COMMENTS!!! lol

by What-A-Coincidence 13 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=7a9f3d729da069e1684ce5

lupe larrett - Dec 30, 2008 12:49 PM

Tanks ,for this wonderfully video,to reminded us of all the provisions Our dear father Jehovah Have give us true our faithful in discreet slave,we always enjoy our book study and I will never forget the good association with our spiritual family .
    love you all

Cheryl - Dec 30, 2008 12:23 PM

WOW! this was truly a wondwerful trip down memory lane thank you brother for putting this together, we always get reminders to remember the love we had at first and this took me way back I can remember studying 37 of these books and we are so blessed to have the brothers to give us the food at the proper time. Never thought I would see the day that there would be no more book study but this helps us to see that we are living in the last days and Jehovah's Orgianzation is on the move so brothers & sisters continue to move with it and we will see each other in PARADISE

Kerri - Dec 30, 2008 12:01 PM

Oh this was such a great video to watch. I have been going to meetings since my birth in 1971. I could remember many of the books from the mid to late 70 and of course until the current book. I will miss the smaller studies but look forward to the progressive way Jah leads his people. I plan to send this link to my family and friends so they can stroll down memory lane too.

Liz - Dec 30, 2008 11:55 AM

It took me down memory lane as a little girl. I am thankful that I came back to Jehovah and now see which book studies I missed and can view them. I look forward to the times that are on the horizon. May we all keep our compass pointed in the right direction. Thank You for putting this together.

tammie - Dec 30, 2008 11:53 AM

Well, after seeing the video and so many comments from the friends, I feel really encouraged and refreshed being here at work among those who are not my spiritual brothers and sisters. The effort put into this video, and the harmony of the comments made, are really a testiment to the unity of our brotherhood and the fact the this is true religion. I am so encouraged by seeing comments from friends of all ages, backgrounds, countries and "spiritual ages". Thank you so much to the brothers who put this together. And thank all of you friends for reminded me how real this organization is and how much faith so many of us really do have in our heavenly father. May Jehovah continue to bless our efforts and may we all press on to the end so that we will be able to experience this joy to the full in the new system that awaits us!

Ali - Dec 30, 2008 11:48 AM

Additionally, I forgot to mention, I have been baptized since 1994 and remember studying the "Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" book to be baptized. I have LOVED studying the Greatest Man book and also Revelation... I love you all... the end is truly, truly very near! We must stay focused.

Ali - Dec 30, 2008 11:32 AM

This was so beautiful. I cannot believe that our final congregation bookstudy has happened. Truly, I am comforted by your beautiful video and am anxious to see what Jehovah has for us next! I love all the brothers and sisters who added their thoughts. I cannot wait until we all meet each other! :) This also means we are one step closer to seeing our loved ones. I have lost my father and this is on my mind every single day.

Avis Reefer - Dec 30, 2008 10:47 AM

What a video! It helps us to realize the nearest to the end of this depraved system. I have been around long enough to have studied each publication. Jehovah has given us what we need to endure as these prophecies come to their fulfillment.

A Herrera - Dec 30, 2008 10:35 AM

Now that I look back I've realized how long I've been in Jehovah's organization. I started attending the book study when my mother was a bible student (1986) and since then I haven't missed a book study. I can't believe I remembered all the publications I studied since then. I have to continue put all that knowledge to work and apply it to my personal life.

Thanks for putting this video together.

CAROLINA - Dec 30, 2008 10:07 AM

This video is wonderful !! ...and I magine it took a lot time and hard work .Thank you brothers..we really
    apprecciate the video.
    I remember when I was a child my mother used to talk about the book study ..but I never listen ..10 years passed and now my desicion to be a Wittness came true ..I prayed to jehovah ...and got baptized 3 years ago..I will never regret it..I will miss this book study.

monsy - Dec 30, 2008 10:01 AM

Thank you for your hard work. It brought me back to the time I started in 1969. We always enjoyed the book studies and will never forget the good times we used to have as a family. Viewing this video brought tears of joy and sadness at the same time. I wish we could go back in time, maybe things would have been done differently, such as spending more time with the family and being a pioneer. Now that I am older, I am going to do what I didn't do in my younger years as my appreciation to all that Jehovah has given us during all these years.

Bernadette - Dec 30, 2008 9:58 AM

I learnt the truth from the end of 2005, and I see that I have been part of 4 book studies since then. Reflecting on my life before that, would I have ever studied God's word without the help of the book stidies? No certainly not. Thanks and praise to Jehovah for making the scriptures clear to those who seek him, and that includes Jehovah's discreet slave for providing these publications. We really come to know our Father and his Son so initmately. Thanks on behalf of my daughter Sony and myself

brenda - Dec 30, 2008 9:33 AM

It is simply amazing how much spiritual nutrition Jehovah has provided for us over the years. This video and the reminder are appreciated as well as Jehovah's loving care of his people. I am going to miss the intimate small group study, but know Jehovah has many blessings awaiting us with the new arrangement for the congregation Bible study.

cathy - Dec 30, 2008 9:19 AM

At our last bookstudy we were just discussing what book we were in when each of us came in the turth. Viewing this video has helped me to remember which publication we were in. I really enjoyed this video I have been around the truth since I was a preteen and dedicated my life to Jehovah in my late teens and raised 4 children in the truth. Jehovah is trully a wonderful God!

Johnny - Dec 30, 2008 9:15 AM

Thank you for your hard work. Looking at all those publications that have been studied over the years is heart warming and reminded me of Jehovah's care for his people.

Arnold - Dec 30, 2008 8:59 AM

I have been in the truth for nearly 40 years and have always been aware of the spiritual feeding that I have gotten through the BOOK STUDY arrangement. Thank you for taking me down memory lane.

Rose - Dec 30, 2008 8:44 AM

Galloway R...New Orleans, La...1969 Bapt.
    This was a very Sweet and Relaxing reminder of Our Past History.
    The first Book that I remembered studing was "Paridise Lost to Paradise Regained" we refered to it as the Paridise Book.
    It was a very Large Book that was very easy to understand.
    As the years have gone by and our Knowledge has increased so has the members of World Wide Brotherhood. The New things that Jehovah has laid ahead of us are Truely going to be Great. Hold on Tight and help others enjoy the Ride.
    Love You All..........

August - Dec 30, 2008 8:17 AM

All depends of the Dynamic Energy of Jehovah ( Isiah 40 ; 26 ) .
    We shall miss it ofcourse , the bookstudy in the east part of the country Slovakia.
    It was like a little family in a big family.
    Thanks for this video

Veronica - Dec 30, 2008 7:33 AM

I absolutly LOVED this video. I've been baptized since '94; grew up in the truth, born '80. I remember the books from '86 and on. This spiritual blessing will greatly be missed; but Jehovah does know what we need before we even realize its needed. Thanks for making this video... its Great!!!!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Ecc 12:12: As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

I almost wanted to go back to meetings! I did enjoy the Greatest Man book.

mtsgrad

• asilentone
    asilentone

Has anyone here make the comments at that website?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The review of all the book studies with the songs in the background reminded me of how gullible I once was. It plays on your emotions!

Music has a very powerful affect on the emotions and playing Kingdom Songs along with the review can pull some right back in.

Those were the days when hope upon hope that, yes, this world would be a paradise and you could live forever upon it.

However "THE CARROT" has been broken, "THE STRAW" THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK " has fallen squarely upon The Watchtower, for it is no more in my life.

Blueblades

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks for that gagalicious walk down memory lane, WAC. I added a comment of my own. See if you can find it!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Brilliant, Rebel! Or should I say... Beth...?

Beth Shan Sarim - Dec 30, 2008 3:32 PM

"I too look fondly back at my memories of the book study. It was really one of the most pivotal things that helped me form my faith. I particuarly appreciated the Revelation Book in the 1980s and its recollection that the Society has been proclaiming "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" since the 1920s. I also appreciated the illustrations and descriptions in the book about the end times, how Jehovah's Witnesses will be the only ones to survive the fiery destruction Jehovah will be bringing upon the members of other churches, even the children."

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Mickey Mouse:

Ecc 12:12: As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

HA HA! Snakes () http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo alt

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes it brings back memories. And I agree the Greatest Man book was the best.

But the video claims the book The Bible - God's Word or Man's was studied in 1998. I am pretty sure that is wrong. We studied the brochure A Book For All People that year so maybe that is why the person who made the video got mixed up. It makes me wonder if all the other dates are accurate... not that it matters a great deal I suppose.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Beth Shan Sarim - Dec 30, 2008 4:00 PM

What I'm going to miss the most is goodie nights and the practice sessions for The Great Tribulation. Every few months, we used to update everyone's address and phone numbers and memorize them in case we needed a place to hide from the persecutors. We'd review several hiding places in our respective homes that would be used to hide literature and Bibles, and what to do when the unbelieving parents in divided homes turned against the children and believing mate. During goodie nights, we would also talk about what plants were edible in the nearby woods in case we needed to take refuge there when Satan's rage turned upon us. I worry we won't get a chance to do all this at the Kingdom Hall. I'll surely miss it.
    ---------------------

Oh, and check my profile when you're there. Do you see Beth Shan's address and the Wikipedia link? (Who put together that Wiki page I wonder? It's awesome.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit