The Horrors of Resurrection

by cameo-d 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Even if anyone cloned a person, it is not that person but a copy.

That is exactly right.

So god recreates you, it is a clone or copy of you down to your brain cells and memories copied.

Memories and brain cells will NOT be copied because god promised all sorrows will be wiped away. As there will be no sorrows in the New system, then the sorrows must be memories from the past.

Is this really you?

It is a shell without the old essence. It is a physical copy only. That is why I am saying this "resurrection" is a TRICK.

So if god recreated you, is he really resurrecting you or just making a copy?

God, through these 'brilliant' scientific minds who will claim to be Enlightened and Chosen to carry out gods plan for mankind will be the ones "resurrecting'. I would imagine they will be very selective.

I think all of this is just a TRICK to be perpetuated on mankind. And sure, people will realize only too late that the resurrection isn't what they thought it would be.

Jesus did not mention living forever in paradise. Nor did he say the resurrected would live on earth. He said "I go to prepare a place."

He said "it is appointed once for a man to die." I think this is a necessary thing. He also said "all shall not sleep, but some shall be transformed." He did not say this transformation is a good thing or a right thing, either.

From what is coming about through technology, Trans humans are the next step. When you can open doors with the wave of your electromagnetic frequency-transmitting hand and frequencies can be beamed into your brain to alter your moods, etc. then you have become a transhuman.

Cloning family members will be a bad joke. But it certainly seems to fit the bible prerequisites of sorrows never coming to mind because there is no previous mind. A race of Stepford people.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    cam
    It is a shell without the old essence. It is a physical copy only. That is why I am saying this "resurrection" is a TRICK.

Does anyone remember the Raelian Movement? http://www.rael.org/ Listen to Rael http://rael.org/rael_content/intro.php?elan=English

They were probably best known for claiming (a few years ago) to be the first to produce a human clone. It turned out to be false.

http://rael.org/download.php?view.2 I remember talking with a JW friend about this. I said at the time, you guys share many beliefs with the Raelians. He didn't know what to say.

I brought this up with him to talk about the soul and,or the spirit, as taught by historic Christianity, compared to what the WT teaches.

Resurrecting a body without a soul "old essence", is a fake resurrection.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Here's something else the Raelian and JWs have in common. They like to set dates

From their website: http://rael.org/e107_plugins/faq/faq.php?cat.1.6

altWhat makes a Raelian any different from people who believe in GOD?
    altFirst, let’s determine, what is the meaning of God? The Random House Webster's College Dictionary defines the word God as "The creator and ruler of the Universe; Supreme Being". As a Raelian we neither believe in a Supreme Being, nor one who is responsible for creating the Universe and then rules over it. We are therefore atheists. This then brings us to the question of the infinite universe. Since there is no beginning or end to the infinite, to place a God or Supreme Being in the forefront of everything before there was anything is impossible because you cannot create something from nothing. We do however, understand that there are people like us, called the Elohim, who have over 25,000 years of technological advance on us and are responsible for coming to this planet thousands of years ago and creating all life as we know it. The Elohim explained to Rael in 1973 that they to were created by a race of people who were also created by a race of people and the cycle never ends as we are a continuum in a never ending chain. There is no beginning to the universe, neither in space nor in time. As they are our creators we have a great admiration for them but we do not worship them as a Supreme figure. We love them and are preparing for their arrival some time before the year 2035.We have come to understand that through science they were able to manipulate DNA and from the inert matter of this planet created all life. We are now beginning to do the same in our own laboratories. When we succeed in creating life and implant it on another world, will we then become a God?
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Questions about the resurrection are nothing new.

From The Message Bible:

1 Corinthians 15 35 -38 Some skeptic is sure to ask, "Show me how resurrection works. Give me a diagram; draw me a picture. What does this 'resurrection body' look like?" If you look at this question closely, you realize how absurd it is. There are no diagrams for this kind of thing. We do have a parallel experience in gardening. You plant a "dead" seed; soon there is a flourishing plant. There is no visual likeness between seed and plant. You could never guess what a tomato would look like by looking at a tomato seed. What we plant in the soil and what grows out of it don't look anything alike. The dead body that we bury in the ground and the resurrection body that comes from it will be dramatically different.

39 -41 You will notice that the variety of bodies is stunning. Just as there are different kinds of seeds, there are different kinds of bodies—humans, animals, birds, fish—each unprecedented in its form. You get a hint at the diversity of resurrection glory by looking at the diversity of bodies not only on earth but in the skies—sun, moon, stars—all these varieties of beauty and brightness. And we're only looking at pre-resurrection "seeds"—who can imagine what the resurrection "plants" will be like!

42 -44 This image of planting a dead seed and raising a live plant is a mere sketch at best, but perhaps it will help in approaching the mystery of the resurrection body—but only if you keep in mind that when we're raised, we're raised for good, alive forever! The corpse that's planted is no beauty, but when it's raised, it's glorious. Put in the ground weak, it comes up powerful. The seed sown is natural; the seed grown is supernatural—same seed, same body, but what a difference from when it goes down in physical mortality to when it is raised up in spiritual immortality!

The WT claims that immortality is only for the 144K, but the Bible states otherwise.

Sylvia

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thanks for all the interesting comments.

You plant a "dead" seed; soon there is a flourishing plant.

Yes, I think by example there is a lesson here.

I don't think we are supposed to "live forever" in a human condition.

I think something else happens when we die.

I think that is the resurrection Jesus spoke of.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That unchanging aspect that sees all change yet never changes is "you". Discover that and you will discover freedom and peace.

I think that's the soul. At least that is what I call it. It is hard to quiet the thinker and see the soul beneath but I've been able to glimpse it.

Discover that and you will discover freedom and peace.

BTS

• Gill
    Gill

I agree that this would be 'horrific' and entirely false.

We die, don't we? And if not we simply move onto our next great adventure. Therefore, we cease to be exactly who we were at our death and a copy is simply a clone.....not us.

There never was a resurrection as promised by the Watchtower, simply a twisted illusion that the WT Society sold to make money and could never produce.

Cameo-d - I did ask my parents if 'God' had experienced a lobotomy somewhere bbetween the end of Malachai and the beginning of 'Matthew' since he became a pleasant character as opposed to a schizophrenic, homicidal maniac. I suspect they agreed with what I said, but in fear of their 'eternal life promise' were unable to show their agreement and felt the need to deny that Jehovah could change.....whilst he obviously did.

Even Jesus was 'not quite himself' and unrecognizable when resurrected, so where do they get the bizarre idea that JWs will be resurrected as they were?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit