Gesundheit!!

by 4mylove 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I've had a terrible cold for the holidays. I was sneezing up a storm. I usually don't play devils' advocate and ask my husband questions I already know the answer to but I couldn't help myself. I asked him why he never says gesundheit. Knowing that I was opening a can of worms. He laughed and said Gesundheit very sarcastically. He proceeded to ask me if I knew what that meant. He explained that it meant, "may the demons leave you, now why would I say that to you".....crickets proceeded to chirp in the background. I said that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a while. I felt terrible for reacting the way I did, and he proceeded to look it up, he's a total computer whiz. I peaked over his shoulder and saw that he was trying to find his response by various searches. All that kept coming up is that it is "health" or good health. No demons.

I remember reading something about this on here before. Will look for the link.

I think that any group that narrows down to even what social norms you are supposed to follow is nothing but a cult! I hate this organization. One day my hubby will see the real light and that he's been given a very dim version of it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oh in Australia it means "May the Smurfs be with you." Silly people aren't they.

• compound complex
    compound complex

4mylove:

Get well soon!

Yes, I agree with the stupidity of it all. !

CoCo

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Thanks yall!

I imagine it was just sick to have been brought up in such a robotic world.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Awesome 007!

• carla
    carla

It's kind of funny in my house, my jw (joined up later in life) sometimes forgets and says 'bless you' after somebody sneezes. Other times he won't, the other day he said bless you to the dog!!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Dubs are so brainwashed. Even if it mean "may the demons leave you" wouldn't that be a positive thing?

Isaac

• chickpea
    chickpea

hmmmmmm.....

that awake inspired college equivalent education is showing

glad you are feeling better!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

It means Good Health

• Nowman
    Nowman

I thought Gesundheit meant "good health to you"? My step dad was born in Germany, and as witnesses I was allowed to say this after someone sneezed because it had nothing to do with the demons, hmm?

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit