Did I imagine this quote, or what?

by Mr Ben 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Blondie,

I could kiss you! I think I will. X! Thanks!

Now, what did the WT say about those evil terrorist that killed thousands of innocent people using planes as bombs - if only the WTS ruled the world things like THAT would never happen... would they?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks to Blondie for the quick answer.

Personally I had the quote complete with § 11, and to note

the use of the word : “...s l a u g h t e r ..”!!!

*** w55 7/15 436-7 War from Heaven Brings Peace to Earth ***

11 The battle of Armageddon is righteous and in harmony with Jehovah’s attributes of justice, power, wisdom and love. It is just because it is selective in its destruction. It kills those deserving to die. It does not slaughter those of good will seeking to serve Jehovah. This battle displays Jehovah’s power, and it will be exerted to the extent necessary to accomplish the destruction determined. It is wholly adequate. There is no other power great enough to counter it. Armageddon is an evidence of Jehovah’s wisdom, for only by sweeping the troublemakers and peace-disturbers from the earth can permanent peace be established. And it shows love for those who want to serve God and Christ and to dwell peacefully with their fellow man. How can they enjoy peace when wicked men and nations continually foment and fight wars?"

°°°

Greetings , J.C. MacHislopp

• sunscapes
    sunscapes
    Jehovah’s attributes of justice, power, wisdom and love

Notice how they put love last. It should FOREMOST be love. The magazines scared some like Englishman much due to subtleties like this.

Obviously this was designed to portray God as the great hitman in the sky. On the contrary, Jesus came to save souls.

Another quote:

Armageddon is an evidence of Jehovah’s wisdom, for only by sweeping the troublemakers and peace-disturbers from the earth can permanent peace be established.
    Quite contrary, true peace can only be established from within to without -- it has to have a foundation of internal spiritual peace of the soul. It must recognize that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; physical laws dictate consequences. Living here on earth is like going to school; all progress at different rates. We are not cookie-cutter people that can learn love instantly. Violence begets violence.

God does not desire ANY to be destroyed; but ALL to attain to everlasting life.

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Mr Ben and welcome to the board.

I am curious/nosey. Are you named after the tv prog?

Bye the way I am glad someone found your quote for you.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Hi Anglise,

Yes indeed after the TV program. The name was given to me at school for the various comic characters I played - i.e. every time I changed my hat I changed character, like Mr Ben.

Well, you did say you were nosey.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Thanks!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ben

Whatcha practisin, posting urlz?? Just type a period immediately in front and presto, it's clickable.

Oops, i guess you alrady succeeded..duh..

SS

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

ben, for a pic, the url has to end in .jpg or .gif of some graphic format.
    i think you missed some of the link when ya posted :)

right click on yer pic at webphotos and copy the properties of the pic to this post... then the pic with just show up here ;)

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

BM, SS,

Hey you're quick! How come you're lookin at something this old? But what I want to do for the picture itself to be here in the post.

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

read my post before yours! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit