Father dying - request for suggestions how to best use time

by rmt1 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think you're going to do just great in a very difficult situation.

I agree with what Avishai said; be mindful that you are participating in a "theatrical spectacle" for the younger members of your family - you are going to show them how a rational, objective, loving person behaves. They can witness insane robot behavior at the Kingdom Hall.

You know that you control how you act: you can choose to be cordial to everyone, even when they are rude and stupid.

Thank your father for whatever good he did for you in his life. I get the impression that your relationship was not too antagonistic, so there must be some memories of good times. Keep in mind that not all fathers stick around to see to it that the young ones get fed, schooled, etc. Your Dad, faithful to his wife and children, is a member of a dying breed - no morbid pun intended.

Let him know that YOU will remember him, and let him know if you will miss him. You might ask him, when you're alone with him, if there's something he'd like you to do for him after he's gone (that doesn't involve the WTB&TS).

If your father is in pain now, that pain will certainly cease when he dies. The valley of the shadow of death was a quiet place the couple of times I personally have been there. There is nothing to fear.

It is also true that there is nothing to look forward to, but you know that.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Let your guard down a bit....let him die with his dreams even if they are fake, it may help him.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I know how hard it can be to keep your mouth shut and not point out the problems with their beliefs but it is best not to in this situation. Everyone is emotional and there is no point in making a bad situation worse. It isn't likely your father is going to realize he was wrong at this late stage and I'm not sure that would be good thing if he did anyway. Just show love and kindness like Avishai's uncle did. That more important that words anyway.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I would hug him,& say "hey Dad, I think of what a great Father you are, & have been, I hope I can be half the man you are....

Dont let him die with out many hugs& the greatest gift of all LOVE!!!!!!!!Tell him many times. before he does meet the KING!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit