Reject Worldly Fantasies, Pursue Kingdumb Realities?

by WTWizard 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

WTWizard,

:Feb 2009 Kingdumb Misery
    :new hounder-hounder talks for public talks
    :Kingdumb reality
    :field circus
    :attending boasting sessions
    :dutifully studying Washtowel publications

All in one paragraph! Coming from a guy who hurls insult and satire at the WTS every chance he gets, you may think I'm a hypocrite for what I'm about to say.

If so, perhaps you are right. I'm just suggesting you tone it down a little and I'm doing so as a fan and as a cyber friend. It (to me) comes off as sour grapes. Think of yourself as a little dubbie reading what I've copied above all in one paragraph. Does it make a positive difference to them, or does it put them off and make them think you are nuts? I don't know, but I suspect it isn't the best way to communicate a message that might just reach some of them.

Of course, if your purpose is just to vent, then I say, "rock on, Brother!". But if you want to reach and help people, you might re-think reducing your epithets-per-paragraph quotient a little.

My 2c.

Farkel

• VM44
    VM44

You can't reach a JW until something happens to make them realize that The Watchtower is not God's organization.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I can well imagine that they are going to point to the bankrupt economy and say...see? It's just as well that you did not buy into the american dream and worry about a career and put your money into 401K for old age...because LOOK! Jehober has torn it down just like he said he would.

Now aren't you glad you invested in the Kingdom work instead? Your reward is coming. These other people have had their reward and its over. All the money they saved is gone anyway. Corrupt ceo's have either embezzled the workers pensions or invested it in scams that fell through. The money will not be there to collect it. It was all an illusion.

Now you can see that jehovers word is true. Those who "served' money are sunk. Aren't you glad you have served the kingdom interests instead?

You have already learned how to live without much money so you are ahead of the game! Isn't jehover wonderful for giving you these lessons of poverty and humility?

the WT invests heavily! hypocrites

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

thanks billy-the ex bethelite for your post.it nice to have someone on the inside.just be careful.i heard arumor that the society was monitering these websites to catch some of their prisoners who are talking to ex jws.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

"Wordly Fantasies"? What's that mean?

You mean becoming a rock star? Or just having a fulfilling and rewarding career? Or having a happy, well-adjusted family? Is that their idea of "worldly fantasy"?

Granted, becoming a rock star isn't likely. But it's possible. We've seen proof. People do become rock stars, however unlikely it is.

And it's much easier to obtain the "worldly fantasy" of wealth, or at least gainful employment, or having a good family. Getting a college degree is possible too. These aren't exactly fantasies. They just require good planning.

You know what I think describes an unattainable fantasy? Something like, say, living forever on a paradise earth with all sources of emnity or uncertainty vanquished. Or hey, how about being part of a mathematically limited amount of people who ascend to heaven at God's right hand.

That's my idea of an unattainable fantasy.

The other things are ambitions which are entirely possible in this existence. That is, as long as you're raised in a strong family that deals with reality and not some outrageous, religious vision that keeps on not coming true.

Good Lord.

--P

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the big secret is the jws will have to share the new earth with the billions who come out of the gt with them.they wont be able to pillage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit