Why do christians think they have got it?

by LouBelle 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Most of us came out of a christian based faith and a lot have since attached themselves to another christian based faith. Why is it that christians think they have the truth? What makes it any different from the Jw? (bar for the glaring obvious doctrine differences)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Because people are afraid that if they do not do obesience that god will make their life even worse.

All religions are based on SUPERSTITIONS. And those who fall for it are ignorant. Many of them are good people and very kind hearted. But, still, they are ignorant...and it's NOT THEIR OWN FAULT!

Bits of truth have been in the hands of a few. And these few have taken vows to keep things secret. Truthful events about history, findings of archeologists, technology, weaponry, psychology, etc. have led to secret handshakes and winks. This is why the power lies within those groups to control the masses. By withholding true facts and knowledge, they keep the masses in the dark, all the while controlling them for their own purposes.

Christians think "they have got it" because after they get beat up with guilt (so they give more), the handlers soothe them by making them feel they are "special".

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

LouBelle - all I know is that when I left I was terrifed of losing my faith. I still wanted to be part of a community that really cared, where I could find the answers to life and promoted principles that I could instill in my children.

It's much more challenging to start from scratch without an instant community. To work out the answers independently of a religious community takes bravery, courage and a leap of 'faith'.

However, it's where I choose to be and I feel it's a truly informed choice - not made on the rebound - and I'm content with not knowing all the answers and accepting they may never arrive.

Joining a Christian church for many is the most comfortable option when leaving the witnesses and we all seek comfort, especially when we're vulnerable, facing social isolation and need reassurance in guiding our children growing up. As well, it could be that many don't want to feel that they've totally wasted their 'Christian' education.

Question is, what religion would we be if we'd been born in Afghanistan?

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's the inherent weakness of belief that comes from outside of a person. It's a fragile position, that is easily threatened. Of course, it's not true for ALL christians. It is more true for the more extreme forms though, like the cults. I call it artificial.

S

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I never understood that "loosing faith" thing.

The other day I had someone tell me it was a "choice" to believe or not.

I said, then if I get to choose what to believe, then I'll choose to believe in Fairies.

lisa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Question is, what religion would we be if we'd been born in Afghanistan?

This gets to the crux of the matter. Religious affiliation is an accident of birth.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Not all of Africa has warlords...

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

lol @ sad emo

modern christians emphasize community more than beliefs imo.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I would say many, but not all...have that "I'm better than you because I have Jesus in my pocket, so let me tell you about MY JESUS" attitude...

• Shazard
    Shazard

Well coz 1. Jesus told that he is truth 2. God has gave Jesus to all ppl 3. Ones who believe in Jesus are Christians! So Christians has Truth! Ones who didn't believed him, nailed this very truth to the cross! Problem with Truth is that you can't nail it to the cross forever... It rises again! Truth is not killable or destroyable, that's why it is the best bet... and thats why Christians place this bet on Jesus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit