6 month rutine visit by elders?

by cawshun 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Tread, I'm sorry, I keep refering to you as trend, I'm going to fast here.

Thank's for your reply's I find them helpful!

cawshun

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Their coaching is not a conscience matter, it is just not a disfellowshipping matter.

I can speak from experience as I was coaching while I was VERY active.

There was nothing the elders could do except not give me "privileges".

IMO, The fact that they continue to coach proves they don't give a flip about the religion.

Keep up hope!

• blondie
    blondie
    Is this a customary call after the Christmas Holidays?

Only if they observed the Christmas lights on your house and tree in the front yard..........

Actually, the WTS only "suggests" that the body of elders call on the inactive, da'd, and df'd once a year. Otherwise elders really don't like making "shepherding" calls. They do do what my husband called "drive-bys" hoping to catch someone having a person of the opposite sex overnight, smoking, Christmas lights, Halloween decorations up.

Just remember it is your house, you don't have to even answer the door let alone invite them in when they drop by unannounced and uninvited...how rude, eh?

Blondie

• cawshun
    cawshun

Well, from what y'all are telling me, its not common to do 6 month customary visits. Evidently, they were there to put the pressure on them that they aren't doing enough. That is a good thing, I want them to keep the pressure on them till they get sick and tired of it!

Thank's so much for taking the time to reply and help me understand

Cawshun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit