6 month rutine visit by elders?

by cawshun 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
  • cawshun
    cawshun

I hit the wrong key, sorry. I called my daughter and asked if they were going to be home, we were going to take a ride out to see the kids. She said she was getting company, 2 elders were coming to visit. She said they usually come about every 6 months. I was just wondering if this is customary or are they getting a sheparding call? Anyway,she said they were coming around 3:30 and they usually stay around an hour. Then she called back and told us to come by sooner, that one of the brother's is long winded and likes to talk, talk, talk, and that if we show up maybe they will leave sooner.

Oh boy, I would love to be there when they show up, with ton's of questions, but I won't make my kids uncomfortable. I have a feeling they are making sure the Holidays aren't causing them to stumble, control, control, control.

Is this a customary call after the Christmas Holidays?

Cawshun

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow, one of the few congregations that actually follows up on the shepherding arrangement.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Well, darn, I was hoping it was a sheparding call, maybe they were not being good little jw's.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember having one or two "shepherding calls" in over 18 years as an active JW. Basically they just came by and socialized and ate our food. They may not have anything going on in their lives, just following the arrangement

• cawshun
    cawshun

Maybe so, it just seems funny they come during the Holiday Season, I guess its just to stay on them to keep on obeying the Org. keep doing what Jehovah asks. That Control thing to keep them thinking the way of the WT., making sure they don't have a Christmas Tree in the house, spying on them.

Sheesh, they have me thinking paranoid thoughts now.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea the paranoia persists even after leaving long ago

• Honesty
    Honesty

In my limited experience, the elders only come by when there is a problem.

Usually, it is a problem related to the person (family) being visited and their relationship with the organization.

At Christmas time or during worldly holidays other it usually involves a fact finding mission.

At other times it is usually associated with a circulating rumor regarding a JW's morality or lack thereof.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A "shepherding call" is usually an elder and MS. Two elders often means an investigation.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well since I've only had two "shepherding call" in my life I have nothing to compare it to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit