Tonight I pulled.......

by mtsgrad 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

a cracker for the first time. After 36 yrs of waiting I ended up losing. Bit of an anti climax really.

mtsgrad

• horrible life
    horrible life

Let me see if I understand this.

Tonight, you pulled a white person for the first time. Where did you pull them to? And why?

After 36 years of waiting. Why did you wait so long? Did no white person cross your path in all those years?

Ended up losing. Too bad. What did the white person do to you? Will you have scars? Mental of physical?

Bit of an anti-climax? Was it just not what it was cracked up to be?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

You might wanna explain youself!!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I believe crackers are a holiday thing in England. I only have a vague sense of them from reading Harry Potter, of all things, lol.

Here, I just looked them up on Wikipedia to be sure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

lol the Wikipedia article even mentions the references in Harry Potter. Ah, the oddest things amuse me.

Jackie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Jackie,

Have I told you lately I love you!! You are so funny!

Can't wait till we can do lunch/brunch/whatever!!

• dinah
    dinah

The only words in that wiki article that stood out to me were "small bang"

bummer

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Yeah, it's rough between both of our schedules, especially since I'm taking the grandparents out all day every Thursday now to run errands and do grocery shopping and such. I do have a week off coming up the first week of January. Maybe we could work something out then if you have a day off. Of course, my sister-in-law is about to pop and I'm the emergency birthing coach if my brother faints, which is a distinct possibility... but as long as you're okay with the possibility that I might get a phone call and run out of lunch like a banshee and you know that it will be because I'm about to have a new nephew and nothing to do with wanting to get away with you... well, then, it's cool with me, too ;)

Yep, definitely an odd mood tonight for me. hmm... I wonder what havoc I can wreak...

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Dana... the Harry Potter crackers produce a bang like a cannon blast. You just need some wizarding crackers, that's all. ;)

Jackie

• dinah
    dinah

Where do you find such crackers?

Jackie, I'm in a strange mood tonight too. And I think Shelley passed out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit