Idea for DA letter

by watson 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• watson
    watson

I am not taking lightly the efforts of those that have written DA letters in the past. It takes a lot of guts.

But, has anyone ever thought of trying something like this?

To the body of elders, Happy Mountain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses,

James "New Light" is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sincerly,

Jim

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good, simple approach Watson....

• oompa
    oompa

sorry man...i dont get it.....is "new light" just name for like SMITH as the last name?.....but also what i dont get is that....yes.....this will get the job done....but does not make any attempt to perhaps state a valid point or two that just could help wake one of them up.....esp. if they respect you.

so why such a simple statement?.........but ya....short and effective it is..............oompa

• watson
    watson

James found new light and decided to disassociate.

The reason to make it so simple is that I don't think the elders really read the DA letters. As soon as they get a wiff of apostasy, I think they shut down.

It seems that the simple approach might be considered for the elders, but the longer DA letter should go to friends and family.

Watson

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

My wife's DA letter simply stated she no longer wished to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in accordance with her Christian conscience.

She felt there was no point in making a big deal of the letter. Granted, long letters airing all of our issues may be cathartic, but I'm not convinced they have much impact on the elders reading them.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Experience has led me to believe a long winded letter is discounted and dismissed as an apostate laden diatribe.

By saying very little, the mind is left to wonder.

• watson
    watson

Good point tread. To me, when you "give" them the words to announce from the platform, you take some of their power from them. If the letter explaining the exit gets to friends and family shortly after the announcement it might help to cut down on gossip, and speculation.

• oompa
    oompa
    watson: As soon as they get a wiff of apostasy, I think they shut down.

no freakin way!......too much curiosity......why we have so many lurkers here......and elders too........also, they would HAVE to read it in order to see if they could help the poor lost sheep....i know this for sure btw.....

password: but I'm not convinced they have much impact on the elders reading them.

me either....but they do HAVE to read them as they do not know until the end if there is a "please let me know if you can help me change my mind" in there...................oompa

and if we can save even one doing a billion hours of apostasizing da letters it is gods will...........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"I no longer wish to be one of Jehovah's Witlesses"

• StAnn
    StAnn

Watson, how about something like:

To the body of elders, Happy Mountain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses,

James has received "New Light" that the WTS is a cult and a fraud and no longer considers himself one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sincerely,

Jim?

-StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit