reinstatement announcement

by isaacaustin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

An annoucement that one has been reinsated as one of JWs is a very sad announcement.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I thought the announcement was just "no longer one of jws"?

If they are not going to say the person was involuntarily REMOVED from the kingkongregation for liability reasons, then they are just getting themselves right back in the mire by saying they REINSTATED the person.

My understanding of the word "reinstate" means a person in authority conveyed a restored status upon a person.

In order to reinstate, wouldn't the authority doing the restoration of status have had to have the authority to remove in the first place?

• blondie
    blondie

The announcement is done usually by the chairman (elder) of the judicial committe that df'd the individual.

• wobble
    wobble

But why is he always a pompous self-important fatass?

• ninja
    ninja

I thought the announcement was..."____ tried to escape over the compound wall.....but he has been assimilated....we have assumed control...we have assumed control...WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL"

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"But why is he always a pompous self-important fatass?" There are an awful lot of fatass elders, at least here in the States.

But then I was watching the Suns and later the Celtics yesterday (guess you can tell who I was rooting for), and when they showed all the guys in the crowds cheering and high fiving, I realized we're essentially a nation of fat asses. Something like 75% are obese or overweight - and many of them attend ball games or are JW elders!

About the rule not to clap when someone is reinstated, it's very interesting why that was put in place.

The WTS said not to clap because so many of those reinstated don't really make much progress, so it wasn't a good idea to praise them as it were for getting reinstated, as they had a lot to prove after that. So they were basically saying that most reinstatements don't work out so well.

S4

• besty
    besty
    so it wasn't a good idea to praise them as it were for getting reinstated, as they had a lot to prove after that.

same applied to newly baptised ones - its the beginning of your spiritual career, not the end, dontcha know?

its tricky to motivate in a performance based group if people actually feel like they are getting somewhere....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, I won't have to worry about my reinstatement announcement. I have heard that the reinstatement rate for those who have been out for 5 years is somewhere around 1 in 1,000 (about 50 times rarer than a dieter that keeps the weight off more than 5 years). And if a person becomes more fully integrated in thinking about the whole Bible, the only way they would get reinstated is by faking repentance so they can see family members still in.

• Clam
    Clam

Be a nice touch if the reinstated had to get baptised again. There could be a pool for the freshly baptised and a pool for the re-baptised. Or do you think some hardcore Dubs might secretly pee in the latter?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

"Be a nice touch if the reinstated had to get baptised again. There could be a pool for the freshly baptised and a pool for the re-baptised. Or do you think some hardcore Dubs might secretly pee in the latter?"

Talk is doing rounds about having a separate pool for those suffering from AIDS!

GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit