Those silly 5min sister assignments...

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

An older sister I know says she never saw why the sisters weren't teaching the audience by their talks. Actually, I never found the sisters any more inept than the men when it came to talks. You would expect that the men would do better since they are not the "weaker vessel" and are supposed to be learning to "teach." Considering that most jw students are taught by women and most children are taught by their jw mothers, it is a wonder that women are not considered "teachers."

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

As I grew older and relised those talks were so staged I started making mine more realistic, I would prepare the info but wouldn't tell the householder what to say, I told them to be spontaneous and wing it. I thought it was only for baptised bro that you had to have a covering, stupid rule!

• sandy
    sandy

Thanks for the memories . . . I'm sure I'll have a bad dream tonight. LOL

I still don't understand how it's not considered teaching. Didn't we have to talk the householder into understanding bible doctrines through the eyes of dubs?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    I still don't understand how it's not considered teaching. Didn't we have to talk the householder into understanding bible doctrines through the eyes of dubs?

From a congregational perspective, it is only considered "teaching" when a sister is addressing the audience. The Watchtower's view is that sisters should not "teach" in the congregation, yet they do have an obligation to preach and teach out in the ministry. The ministry is a different ball game than the teaching that goes on in the congregation.

Meetings for field service can get really interesting when the only brother present is one who has lost priveleges. A sister will then have to conduct while wearing a head covering.

I once went to dinner at a friends house. The father was an unbelieving mate (but friendly with JWs). It was only him, myself, and a few sisters. They were unaware that I currently had lost priveleges (private reproof). Had I gone along with the Society's rules, it meant that the mom would have had to go get a head covering and prayed for all of us. When they asked me to say prayer for dinner, I said to myself "Awe screw it" and said the prayer. Let Jehovah discipline me later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit