Those silly 5min sister assignments...

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Just a stupid show -off and charade.

Personally I never used the material in my talks in real life and I always felt quite uncomfortable coz it was just a pretentious show and my biggest concern was that my skirt would not be too short when I sat down on the platform and that I would go over time so the bell would ring. Then on top I had to be counseled by the school minister who did much worse than me...my god

(or maybe I was just VERY un-grateful - after all, it's the best school in the world)

Thoughts?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The sad part of it is that sisters never get paid for demonstrating effective sales techniques during that 'talk'

• Country Girl
  • bronzefist
    bronzefist

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the cross your legs and dot your sighs talk.

brzfst

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah, you girls need to know your place....no talks for you only the "Avon calling" demo's.

• chickpea
    chickpea

a total fluff piece....

no one EVER said that staged crap
    out in the trenches.... neither the
    "witness" nor the householder......

one of the best lines from a householder IRL>>>>

"see that road at the end of the driveway.... be on it"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was always practice field circus. Every time a "sister" gave a "talk", it always came off as a study, return visit, or someone needing personal counsel. And then in the real world, it never works (the householders never fall for the same lines they use in practice sessions).

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I dunno... every time I see those 30 second commercials - you know the ones... where you have the 'dumb' person - and the 'smart' person - I am reminded of those Thursday night meeting 'talks'.

(I hope that makes sense to yall... it does - to me)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

These demonstrations are painful. To think that you would apply what you learn talking in front of a contregation full of people to your ministry is nonesense.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

It's humorous that sisters are only allowed to appear on stage in a demonstration format. They are not allowed to deliver prepared information via the podium, because this would be considered "teaching in the congregation". If they are considered to be "students" of a Ministry School, how can they be considered teachers? Would not the teacher be the School Overseer who is doing the grading? Such silliness.

It is also humorous that a twelve year-old boy can stand at the podium and read a passage out of the Bible, but a sister is not allowed to do the same. And if a sister must conduct a meeting for field service with an unbaptized boy in the room, she must wear a head covering. All in line with "theocratic order".

The longer I am out of the Watchtower, the more I see how neurotic and petty their God is. And just imagine, they get to spend eternity serving that God's whims in the New Order. I'd rather have the Muslim paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit