2008 is over and still no Armagedon I feel like I made an ass of myself!

by Witness 007 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Like Rutherford said "I made an ass of myself" regarding 1925...it's 2008-2009 and still no "end." I remember sitting in Pizza hut with Pioneers argueing {1991} that the end must come by 2000 at the latest...now it's nearly 2010!

A book I read afew years ago regarding secret hebrew "codes" in the bible claimed the code identified 2007-08 as the end of the world...well unless it happens in the next week that was a load of crap as well....I wonder when many of my Witness friends will "Awake" to this joke.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I remember an elder saying that if Armageddon didn't come in 1975, he would walk to Jacksonville beach from the city of Jacksonville, about seventeen miles. He actually did.

Another elder said he'd eat his hat and ended up taking a couple of bites....

A few years later, our best friends sold their home and bought a travel trailer because the big A was so close.....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

2008 is over and still no Armagedon I feel like I made an ass of myself!

Yeah, well... you did, but you're in good company. Most of us were Watchtower asses for a while. Forgive yourself and get on with enjoying your life.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, it's funny that more don't wake up. I guess most humans are creatures of habit, even though it doesn't make sense.

S, of the ass class

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I still remember a conversation with my JW missionary aunt when I was in elementary school. Prolly like 8 or 9 years old. She told me there was no way I'd ever graduate highschool. The Big A would be here waaay before then.

Thing is, she's still a missionary...

• VM44
    VM44

I remember hearing people say "If they were 10 years old in 1914, then they would be [whatever age they currently were] now."

The JWs don't say things like that anymore.

They also don't talk about how long it was after Adam was created that Eve was created.

I can't believe all the speculation that took place over the strange ideas put forth by Freddy Franz, who it turns out just made stuff up and knew nothing at all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Where is your faith? 2008 is not over yet. We are deep deep into the time of the end. Seconds may separate us from the new order. I for one do not buy any green bananas.

• Berean
    Berean

OK if the end doesn't come in the next week or so, my next prophecy target date is 2012 (Mayan calendar end you know).

After that the date will be 2014 (1914 + 100 just in case the Borg is on to something)

After that I will post my new prophecy date.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The return of Christ and the establishment of his kingdom here on earth played a major part of the WTS. marketing strategy as it does today.

Armageddon was also a coercive fear tactic indoctrinated to propagate their literature around the Globe and as the numbers show it worked.

Call it an exploitive and manipulative commercial venture based off from religious beliefs.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Armegeddon came in 75.

It was hardly noticable.

There is only 1 Armegeddon in the bible.

I think someone is hoseing you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit