by is there help out there 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

800 HELPLINE for JWS:

1-800-WHY-1914

Randy

• mouthy
    mouthy

1-800-Why-1914 That is a great number Randy...I spoke to Marylin the other day, while we were talking ( on her private line) the 1-800 phone was ringing off the hook,( she answered while I waited. ) Thanks for reminding folks

1-800-Why-1914 if any are having a hard time call it she is a real caring person, & a certifide Counsellor

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Cruzanheart: I'm very sorry about your Dad. I lost a family member due to similar circumstances but they weren't JW's. But they were hurt by them. The WTS claims that whatever happens to a DF'd person or someone who quits is totally the person's fault. It is NOT. The WTS is directly responsible for any harm to anyone due to their Nazi tactics. I'm glad you sent that letter. It shows that the rank and file are NOT going to take this BS any longer. The world is closing in on Ted Jaracz and the rest of his Gestapo buddies.

I'm compiling a list of all the media people that I can find who will look into this baby-raping cult. I should have a good amount by next year. I'll make it available when I can.

Good health to all and Happy Holidays.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my sister committed suicide this year....the cong. was supportive. i think it made many realize the seriousness of mental illness. of course, the phone calls and visits have diminished somewhat....it really pissed me off that most questions started off with "hows the bro-inlaw, hows your mom, oh by the way, how are you?" i guess everybody thought i was the strong one. well, not really. i put on a good front, but its killing me inside. i really wonder if i will see her again....actually i dont think i will, which makes it all the more sad.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am so sorry Bonnzo. I hope their attitude does change. Being a JW is a tremendous amount of stress on a depressed person or one with other mental illness. I hope time partially heals your pain. Take care of yourself.

• justified
    justified

I believe my brother in law committed indirect suicide 9 years ago. He was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia, went into remission a couple of times but in the end chose to not continue treatment. He was 24, in an unhappy marriage, and had a 3 year old daughter. In his teenage years he had written a suicide note and planned out how he was going to run his car off a cliff. I feel that because of his depressive nature, unhappy childhood as a witness, very low self esteem, unhappy marriage, and probably unremembered sexual abuse (my husband remembered being abused by an elder babysitter about 6 years after his brother's death) he felt that dying was easier than living. Of course, the congregation viewed him as a martyr because of having rejected a blood transfusion etc. Now his an my husband's mother is doing the same thing. She possibly has kidney cancer but refuses to even have a biopsy to be sure. She refuses to accept the conventional medical treatment instead self medicating with alternatives. She has always made statements that she didn't feel good enough to make it through Armageddon in to paradise, so I think this is her sure fire way of making sure she dies as a martyr so she is sure to get resurrected.

One of his best freinds as a teenager hung himself in his garage while his wife was out in service a few years back.

If anyone knew Matthew Vincent Jones or the McConegy's from the Ennis or Waxahachie area, I'd love to hear from you.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I remember when I was little I knew a brother who had been in the news when he was a child for the flag salute issue. He was like this pillar, this hero, in my mind all the time I was growing up. Then, he committed suicide. It totally shocked me.

Looking back, I wonder if he didn't have his own crisis of conscience at some point, which may have led up to it. Only speculation, of course.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There were 3 young teens that committed suicide about a year or more apart @ around 1975, one young fellow hung himself in a garage which was adjacent to a Hall,

even years after I left I heard of more and more people committing suicide, whenever I hear of such things now its all not too surprising, sad but true.

Funny when you think about why would a religion make people end their lives, most religions try and make people do the opposite.

• crapola
    crapola

Bonnzo, why would'nt your sister br ressurected? If someone is emotionally sick enough to go to that length to end their life, then actually they are'nt accountable at the time. I fully believe that she will have another chance at life, no matter where it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit