Noah and the flood

by Iwonder17 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

Lol.

So the fact that Kent has a crackpot theory or two negates the rest of his presentation?

A crackpot theory or two???

That video rebuttal series is like 20 videos long, and barely scratches the surface absurdity of the nonsense that spews from Kent Hovind's mouth.

The man wouldn't know a valid scientific fact if it smacked him in the arse.

[inkling]

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    The man wouldn't know a valid scientific fact if it smacked him in the arse.

Nor would you.

'Tis obvious.

BA- That boyz about az sharp az a bowlin' ball, I say.

PS- Ain't it past yer bedtime boy? Now move along.

• inkling
    inkling

Nor would you.

'Tis obvious.

BA- That boyz about az sharp az a bowlin' ball, I say.

PS- Ain't it past yer bedtime boy? Now move along.

Nice.

I am going to ignore that sad little descent into playground politics, and attempt to have an adult conversation, if that is ok with you.

Let's assume (as you admit) that at least some of Kent Hovind's claims are indeed crackpot.
    I agree however, it would be a logically fallacy to assume that they therefore all are.

So let's try this... Of all the claims made in all those videos you posted, could you
    point to several specific claims and arguments that you find compelling?

Just one or two to start, so we don't get bogged down with rhetoric, and can actually
    argue over a few "scientific facts"

[inkling]

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The basic answers to the questions about the logistics of gathering all the animals
    (insects included) and food and redistributing them afterward are that it is impossible.
    The basic answer to how the freshwater and saltwater life survived is that they would
    not have.
    The basic answers to what would have happened to much plant life, including many
    things necessary to support animal life is that much would have perished.

I know all that, but the average JW says that God would have taken care of it.

Well, consider it new light to me, but I now take a different approach. Science knows
    that the water canopy is impossible. Gravity would not allow for such. If there were some
    method unknown to Science for sustaining the water canopy, then the sudden release of
    the water would have caused tremendous depressurization and all animal life, including the
    eight souls on the ark would have basically exploded.

The sudden massive downpour from this water canopy would not have caused coldness to
    the north and south poles. The friction of the entering the atmosphere would have caused
    the water to boil and burn everything with it's heat.

I am no scientist, so forgive me if I don't explain it in scientific terms. The whole thing is
    just impossible- from beginning to end. Forget asking where the bird found the olive branch.
    Go right for the jugular when discussing such a fairytale. Do you really think the sky was
    full of water?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit