WT lies

by Newborn 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

What's the biggest lie of the WT sect, according to you?

Just curious...

/Newborn

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

The quotes in their literature get me. I remember a few months before I found out the truth about the truth, I looked up something they quoted that just seemed strange. It was a quote from Time magazine saying basically that college was useless. They took a quote talking about how kids that don't take college serious aren't getting educated and made it sound like they said college was useless. That was the first time I entertained the idea that maybe the WT was untrustworthy.

• blondie
    blondie

Simple, not too old, and fairly easy to confirm from the WT-CD. Actually from 1879 to 1943, the WTS taught that Christ's presence began in 1874...not too "consistent""

*** w93 1/15 p. 5 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How? ***

This has been true of the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. TheWatchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914.

*** God's Kingdom of A Thousand Years chap. 11 pp. 187-188 par. 7 "Here Is the Bridegroom!" ***

Due to this fact, when Charles T. Russell began publishing his own religious magazine in July of 1879, he published it under the title "Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence." He had already become familiar with Wilson’s TheEmphaticDiaglott, which translated the Greek word pa·rou·si´a as "presence," not "coming," in Matthew 24:3 and elsewhere. The new magazine was heralding Christ’s invisible presence as having begun in 1874. This presence was to continue until the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, when the Gentile nations would be destroyed and the remnant of the "chaste virgin" class would be glorified with their bridegroom in heaven by death and resurrection to life in the spirit.

*** w74 8/15 p. 507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones ***

In 1943 the Watch Tower Society’s book "TheTruthShallMakeYouFree" did away with the nonexistent extra 100 years in the period of the Judges and placed the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence in the 1970’s. It also fixed the beginning of Christ’s presence, not in 1874, but in 1914 C.E.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Two words: "library card"

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What's the biggest lie of the WT sect, according to you?

There can only one absolute answer to that question:

"We speak for God."

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

We don't condone child molestation.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What's the biggest lie of the WT sect, according to you?

They share in promoting the same lie as the rest of "Babylon the Great" - that there exists an invisible spirit realm populated with intelligent beings and that man has an invisible spiritual component that is capable of sharing the spirit realm.

There is no spirit realm populated with any sort of creatures, there is no God, there is no spiritual component of man that can exist in another invisible realm.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

That marriage = a small chance of nookie.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

George Carlin, may his soul be partying right now bigtime, said:

Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

So everything is a lie... big or small is not a factor...

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for that quote, kinjiro. I had forgotten how succintly he put it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit