me invited to wife's bookstudy farewell party at elders...GOING!

by oompa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Maybe they are scheming to lure you back in with food, be careful. And don't say anything like "boy, this food is better that the crap they were just feeding at the study".

If you go I agree with those that telling you not to say too much.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

So, will you prepare for the study so you can answer fluently??

• oompa
    oompa

First listen up all...I AM NOT GOING TO BOOK STUDY!!!....just a party much later that night!....now that that is cleared up...

Oompa, is this the same cong. that DF'd your son? If so, will your son feel you're turning your back on him by partying with people who shun him?

StAnn

ya it is...but he would not care and he lives in another city anyway...he understands why they are this way...yet he is thinking of faking his way back in for other family ties...then fading

Wings: oompa, my concern would be for you....

You have skirted being df'd so far, the more you associate, the more chance you have of questions that will make it hard for your family and for those who work for you.

You have stated many times that you are an outspoken apostate. How long can you continue with the charade that you are not a threat to them. Your double life is born of good motives, don't forget the politics that create the need for it.

They all know i am a "lost sheep" and would not doubt if some consider me an apostate...so for those who i do still consider friends...i will be careful...however i was loud as hell at first and they let me slide....mental and on meds and all

Outlaw...your funny scenario is prob too close to reality!...so i better behave a bit............oompa

• still_in74
    still_in74

i havent been to a BS in about 2 months. This week we are moving it from Thursday to Wed so we can have a (Christmas) last BS party afterwards. Everyone bringing booze. hehe

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

I haven't been to a book study in probably 3 yrs. I would need a straight jacket. Since we moved about a year ago we have had ZERO social contact with any of our "friends", the exception being a wedding we were invited at the last minute. Like you:

They all know i am a "lost sheep" and would not doubt if some consider me an apostate...so for those who i do still consider friends...i will be careful...however i was loud as hell at first and they let me slide..

Funny thing...at the wedding we actually sat at the head table with the family of the bride. I wonder how many of my "loving Christian" friends (none of whom had shown any indication of giving a damn about me for the 9 months I had been out of sight by that time) were grumbling about that inactive, "apostate" brother sitting at a place of honor at a JW wedding.

Skeptic1914

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..Watch what you say,around these people..Even the most loved will face WBT$ Wrath,if the wrong thing is said..Guillotine 3.............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit