me invited to wife's bookstudy farewell party at elders...GOING!

by oompa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I just kind of like the irony. These are all old friends of mine who I have told all about my issues with WT and my subsequent exit. Since they understand, I still get to "associate" with them occasionally. Now I have not been to bookstudy since I starting puking durring BS due to the Climax book..lol...what a great name. Do now that I have calmed down a bit, I will carefully try to get a few "wake up please" lines in with my old friends. The evening will be fine except for the meal prayer...which i'm sure will be full of drama about what great times they had....even my df son said it was always his fave meeting...very social and lots of eat treats...plus it was short......anyone else feel that way?............oompa

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

So are you going to the book study, or just the after-party?

I've got to warn ya...the current book is not nearly as entertaining as the "Climax" book...

• oompa
    oompa

they have sat morning bk. study....which one time on jwd blasted me was absurd and there were no such thing...called me troll even...lol......so anyway the party is at night so the booze can flow...you know the elder and family......my old golf/sailing buddy.....so nay way in heck am i showing at the bs........oompa

by the way...read your outline of JW issues to sent me....loved the WT article about "wishy washy" changes other religions do...you gotta post that....very good outline btw

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Ooopa.. just stay away from the shrimp platter... It's that time of the year...hate to see ya with the zoomies!

Hill

• StAnn
    StAnn

Oompa, is this the same cong. that DF'd your son? If so, will your son feel you're turning your back on him by partying with people who shun him?

StAnn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Saturday morning Book Study absurd?..Called you a Troll?..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• wings
    wings

oompa, my concern would be for you....

You have skirted being df'd so far, the more you associate, the more chance you have of questions that will make it hard for your family and for those who work for you.

You have stated many times that you are an outspoken apostate. How long can you continue with the charade that you are not a threat to them. Your double life is born of good motives, don't forget the politics that create the need for it.

wingshoping the best for you and yours

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm with wings on this one. Enjoy the company and the food but keep your mouth shut about the organization. I wonder if it wouldn't be an ever bigger anti-witness, if, when asked, you refuse to go into detail about your inactivity. If you said something like, "I wouldn't dare share with you the details of why I no longer go to meetings or out in service, because I couldn't bear not being able to associate with you fine folks. Shunning makes things difficult all around, don't you think?" And then let them wonder about your views and hopefully think themselves right out of the cult.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok
    Oompa, is this the same cong. that DF'd your son? If so, will your son feel you're turning your back on him by partying with people who shun him?

Yes that's a good point. Lets drag OOOmps outside and stone him

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wings and JamieBowers are both right.....But..We all know whats going to happen.....The evening will start out peaceful enough..Some food..Bucket of Chicken 2.....Some drink..Negotiating...............Oompa`a evening end`s like this..Thrown Out..LOL!!............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit