An elder's wife added me to Facebook and msn.

by merfi 16 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

I DA'd in Feb 06. Hadn't heard a word from any JW since then.

About a month or 3 weeks ago, I emailed an elder to ask if my 15yo was still on whatever publisher list it is now. When I left, she had just been announced (I think) an unbaptized pub. So I was curious about her 'status'. Plus I was all ready to spew a little pent-up venom if he replied that she was indeedy still a UP. The wife replied back to me that she passed on the email to her elder husband. Then wrote a small paragraph about how she'd seen my other daughter at the park and had told her that she had her mom's laugh and smile. My daughter was like "huh?" and thought for some reason the elder's wife was making fun of her (she's 12. a little insecure. typical 12yo girl ) The elder's wife had found all this amusing and thought maybe I would, too. (I did). She also included her hotmail addy "to pass on to the girls". I emailed her back -- thanks for the story, that I am happy and here are some links to wedding pictures... Just to see what would happen, I added her to my msn. She added me back.... I found her on Facebook and added her. She added me back. I about fell over.

Before adding her to FB, I'd seen her at the store. About 4 aisles down, we saw one another and she had the BIGGEST smile. For me. No shun 'n' run. A smile.

A few days later, in my msn byline (that personalized Away status thing) I put "thanks for the smile at walmart". She put on HER byline "wish I could do more than just smile. I miss you" I changed mine to "I miss you too". So we have this entire conversation (one that can't be recorded in History, mind you. lol) via bylines. She asked why I left. I told her that I couldn't breathe, couldn't be myself, was never good enough, and that one of the elders (I didn't say her husband ALSO) finally broke me into pieces - so I picked them up and ran. I did get the requisite "jehovah forgives, blah blah, before it's too late" which I ignored.

I sent her a 'poster' on FB. She sent me a vid link of some funny puppy. So it's OUT THERE that we're in contact. This morning, she messaged me on msn. It was sort of business-like, asking if I'd taken the kids to meet their dad this weekend or stayed home b/c of weather. Some girl in the cong was being told to "just drive slow" to get her kid in Omaha despite the blizzard warning. So she was just inquiring as to my opinion on that.

Tonight, she messaged me again, but it was to send a funny wink. And the next 1/2 hour or so was like a normal, chatty IM conversation. Concluded with a TTFN.

I don't have any desire to "get her out", I'm past the bitter crap (I think, until I come face to face with the elder that cut me down again and again. And then, it might be only to say "thank you, you were my ticket out" Oh, wait. I already did that in last year's Christmas card to him. nvm...). I'm just enjoying talking to the human side of a JW that I for many years did consider a friend.

So.weird. that I had to share. If I analyze it, I'll drive myself nutters as it just isn't normal for an Elder's Wife to smile at, add to FB and msn and IM with DAd birdfodder... I'll just take it for what it's worth and enjoy it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

very interesting read, she might have doubts, you just never know.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

hmmm...very interesting indeed.

thank you for sharing.

lisa

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

This could be a form of harassemt. I smell law suite.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

So.weird. that I had to share. If I analyze it, I'll drive myself nutters as it just isn't normal for an Elder's Wife to smile at, add to FB and msn and IM with DAd birdfodder... I'll just take it for what it's worth and enjoy it.

Ok ...I will go there....Dude, she's warm for your form.

Hill

• nsrn
    nsrn

I think it's a victory for all of us--when one of us who has left is treated well by someone still in!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Any jw, expecially an elder's wife, who smiles at and corresponds with a da'd or df'd person is having doubts. I hope she gets out.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

wheren't there talks given at the DC either this year or last telling dubs to stay off the internet, especially social sites like facebook and myspace.

I believe the talks were aimed at teens. Maybe the elders wife should be paying attention too

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I guess even a cult can't destroy some friendships. Congratulations. She must be a real friend.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

It sounds like you're doing the right thing - just being her friend.

Like others here... I have a sneaky suspicion that she is having doubts - and may approach you someday to discuss them.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit