I'm going out on a limb here.

by JeffT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Are you working?

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Congratulations! I'm in a similar place. I have a novel completed and critiqued by two professional editors, but I need to do the final rewrite. I also have a very good agent for that book.

Have started on a second novel - also dealing with my JW experiences, but more with the idea of how do you create a life afterward. That's been harder to move on.

Part of my problem is that I'm a professional writer, and I'm doing magazine and newspaper pieces everyday to pay the bills. It's very hard to just keep that creative energy flowing from project to project. Like, here it is 7:30 at night where I live, and I just sent off an article for tomorrow's paper. But I started writing this morning at 7:30 - on a magazine piece. It's also off to the editor - but I have no energy right now to work on a chapter rewrite.

Right now I want to wander down to the village square where I live and listen to the Xmas carolers, and maybe slip into my favorite bar for a draft!

Drop me a private email. We should stay in touch and help each other out. I do have a children's book right now that is sitting at HarperCollier - so good things are happening. But it does take time, and a self-discipline that is monumental!

S4

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You go JeffT!

Now that you told us you better get it done,... or were gonna think your a WIMP!

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • JeffT
    JeffT

Thanks again to all. I will keep you updated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit