I'm going out on a limb here.

by JeffT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

OK I'm going to put this out there so all of you can support me by making me keep working.

I'm writing a novel based very loosely on my association with the witnesses. Right now I've got about 175 pages of a planned 300 done. I keep letting other things get the way of my writing, and I've been semi-stuck for awhile.

I've also submitted a piece to Newsweek. If they don't buy it I'll post. It's about cult mind control in relation to the events of 9/11.

So everybody kick me and tell me to keep going.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

GET TO WORK!!!

Andi

• mikepence
    mikepence

If you are looking for some critique, send me what you have.

XJW User Submitted News & Views at http://xjwnews.com

• kpax
    kpax

If you quit now it will all be for nothing!!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

*kicks jeff* keep going!!!

• Kristen
    Kristen

:I've got about 175 pages of a planned 300 done.

Jeff,
    You're more than half way done. Don't quit now!

• spacegirl
    spacegirl

I know the feeling. I'm in the middle of a novel (not about the JW's). Hoping to get it published next year, have had success with short stories and poetry but the elusive novel is still waiting to be finished and just won a Fresh Talent comp. in UK for this novel so have lots of incentive to keep going. But it is REALLY difficult. Writing is just you on your own, there's no team to banter with, no partner to bounce ideas off. So many well respected and published authors have the same difficulties. They have to push themselves to finish things and have publishers setting them deadlines to do just that.

I've got a deadline for mid March 2002 so if it is any help keep in touch and maybe we can push each other on. It did occur to me to write something about the JW's but got me head in other stuff right now. Not too sure where you are living but here in UK I have been reading and seeing lots of stuff recently about cults so strike whilst the iron is hot. I would be really interested to know if this is fictional or documentary style. Best of luck anyway.

Spacegirl

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thanks to all for the kicks. I shall continue on some how.

The work is pure fiction. A religious cult based here in Seattle is getting into trouble because of false predictions of the end of the world. Gee, anybody want to guess where I got that idea?

If anybody wants to e-mail me the best place to get me is [email protected]

• ISP
    ISP

Looking forward to hearing more about this, Jeff! Hope Newsweek don't buy it....er I hope they do....you know what I mean!

ISP

• kpax
    kpax

Can you posts some excerps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit