JESUS NEVER EXISTED

by whereami 9 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Is this info here legit? What's your take oh great wise ones.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

For starters there is no eyewitness testimony of him anywhere.

Especially in his book the bible.

Everything about him is hearsay.

Which is not admissable in a court of law.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I just read the latest National Geographic magazine's feature article on Herod. Apparently, Jewish historian Josephus wrote extensively on the life of Herod, but failed to mention anything about the mass murder of infants that supposedly occurred after Jesus was born. Herod was despised, to be sure, but this event in the Bible (the account of "Matthew" is the only place it is recorded anywhere) was most likely made up. I recommend reading the article. It makes one wonder what else was made up in the life of Jesus.

Dave

Edited to add that it appears that at least some of the information in the provided link seems to be accurate. I would suspect any information that is presented in a less than professional and scholarly manner. Coming across as though one has an ax to grind makes one's arguments less credible. I know I have been guilty of that common human failing myself.

• Robdar
    Robdar

It doesnt really matter if Jesus existed or not. Something happened and that cannot be denied. All that matters is that people believe he existed and try to follow the message that is ascribed to him. Of course, it goes against human nature to follow that message but people still try to do it. I think the idea of Jesus and his message helps us to evolve as humans.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Is this info here legit? What's your take oh great wise ones.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

The misinformation in this piece has spawned threads here again and again. The search function might help you. Here is a recent previous thread on the subject.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/168684/1.ashx

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    but failed to mention anything about the mass murder of infants that supposedly occurred after Jesus was born. Herod was despised, to be sure, but this event in the Bible (the account of "Matthew" is the only place it is recorded anywhere) was most likely made up. I recommend reading the article. It makes one wonder what else was made up in the life of Jesus.

Matthew records the mass murder of infants by Herod at Bethlehem and surroundings. From what we know about Herod, this certainly was not out of character. Now, as to the fact that it is not recorded elsewhere in available records, how big do you think Bethlehem was in population?

BTS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think there's an actual person behind the legend, and that some of what is written in the Gospels may be true of him. Not the virgin birth, miracles, and rising from the dead though, extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary proof and all.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Burn, I'm just repeating what the article said. You know those liberal editors at Nat Geo are atheists. ;)

Dave

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Don't be silly, of course Jesus existed; how else can you explain the bunch of presents I'm getting myself for Xmas? I know there's no invisible, imaginary Santa Claus, so there must be an invisible imaginary Jesus. How much more simple can it be?

Besides, didn't the Mormons find Jesus' hunting cabin (with indoor plumbing!) somewhere in central Utah? or am I confusing this with Xenu's hunting cabin inside the volcano?

• 5go
    5go

Something happened and that cannot be denied. All that matters is that people believe he existed and try to follow the message that is ascribed to him.

You miss the point history and current events are littered with atrocities caused by Jesus' followers in order to spread his message. (Abraham's followers make up a good bit of the rest) Which by the way was nothing knew even in Jesus supposed day. Jesus teachings are very similar to those of Buddhism. Which predates Jesus by 700 years. With the gradual migration of info west after the conquest of Alexander you can reach a plausible conclusion that the historical Yeshua very well might have been spreading Buddhist teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit